Cheap ranges in CT.

oxchampion

Hey, i am a very new gun owner, in the last 6 months i purchased a Ruger 10/22 and have yet to bring it to the range. Paying 30$ an hour seems like an excessive sum of money. I know the High Rock Range in Naugatuck is only 5$ and hour, but unfortunatly they are only open on weekends and i work weekends. Does anyone know of a more reasonably priced one in CT, or should i just bite the bull and pay the fee?

That is high, in Illinois i am a member of a nice Sportsman Club charging 80.00 a year for unlimited use of the two rifle ranges, one pistol range, two trap fields, a cowboy shoot area, and indoor archery. I have a code for the gates and for the fishing area, i just have to sign in when present.

Shooters in New Milford is reasonable, but it's indoor. The rest of them are around that 30 range unless you join a private club. That's where I'm at now is looking into the private ranges. You can PM me if you have any more specific questions. I've pretty much shot all the ranges on the west side of the state.

I am not sure what cheap is, but hoffmans is $15 per half hour or I think $600 a year for gold club. I figured if you add up one 30 minute session a week it's cheaper for the membership. BUT you have to buy ammo there, it's an indoor range that only allows up to .44 magnum and I'm not sure if they allow anything bigger than a .22 in there rifle wise and no shotguns to my knowledge. It's only up to 25 yards as well.

The other range I've been to is the Hartford Gun Club. Seemed really nice with multiple trap ranges, an indoor pistol range, outdoor pistol range, and an outdoor rifle range. I believe it is 540? a year with no working hours required.

One I looked into was a range in Andover which is members only like Hartford. They were $300 and 12 hours of work a year with an outdoor pistol and rifle range. I believe there is a waiting list to join though. Haven't been anywhere else or looked at anything else.

I will say finding a friend with a decent plot of land or in the middle of nowhere is awesome. I go to a friends place in Lebanon every now and again and go nuts for free. All I have to do is help police brass when it's close to sunset along with everyone else who shot. That's the best way to go if at all possible.

Last edited:
I found a pretty good place in Wallingford called Blue Trail Range, it's 30$ for the rifle range for the entire day, i spent from 10-4 there plinking and i feel it was a pretty good deal for the price, they also have a indoor pistol range and a shotgun range, i imagine they are the same price.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back