CCW with Red Dot Sights

Cybersnow

I am now in my mid 70s and my eyesight is such that i can either focus on my sights or my target, which means my accuracy has taken a hard hit. This weekend i went thru a number of combat shooting drills and did several with a Sig P227RX which has avred dot sight. What a world of difference. I now want a compact with a red dot! The range master was a Sig guy and recommended the P320 and P229 in compact, but i am wondering if anyone is carrying a ccw with avred dot and what you might recommend.

I just turned 70 a few days ago and I can still see the factory sights on my primary carry Glock G-26 very well but it is extremely difficult to use the factory sights on my BUG Ruger LCP so I put a laser on it. While I don't rely on just the laser while practicing defensive scenarios it does keep my shots acceptably accurate while moving back and off to one side or the other.

A laser might give you the same help in directing your shots as a red dot. Some lasers for some guns are even internal allowing normal holsters (belt or pocket carry) to be used. For example:

https://www.lasermax.com/products/internal-lasers.html

I am only presenting another option for you to consider and I do not have any financial interest in any laser products from any manufacturer.

I am now in my mid 70s and my eyesight is such that i can either focus on my sights or my target, which means my accuracy has taken a hard hit. This weekend i went thru a number of combat shooting drills and did several with a Sig P227RX which has avred dot sight. What a world of difference. I now want a compact with a red dot! The range master was a Sig guy and recommended the P320 and P229 in compact, but i am wondering if anyone is carrying a ccw with avred dot and what you might recommend.
I think the Sig 320 RX is available in a compact and subcompact and is a great set up for a red dot. I don't know if it's available in all states though and it's not inexpensive. I've recently shot a FN pistol with a red dot and they're great but just not sure about EDC. Good luck.

The Place to Be

Bikenut, thanks for the laser advice. I have a laser mounted on my shield.40 and my ruger 101 and they are great for night protection, but a lot of my work is exposed during daylight when the laders dont seem to wirk so good. I can still shoot a tight group using iron sights but it is way too sliw if i really need to quickly defend myself.

Tex, am in Idaho with little restriction. I did look at a Sig P320 but they didnt have it in a compact. I havent shot either of the 9 mm compacts. Guess i need to find a shop that has them. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back