Can someone under the age of 21 transport a handgun in a vehicle?

walknotinfear

I had a heated debate about this subject if a 20 year old could have a handgun in a car. I wanted to see if anyone knows the correct answer, and I stress; the correct answer. Oh, this is for Florida.

I did a search on the web and I could not believe how many people had the incorrect answer. So lets see if someone gets it correct.

Here is the Florida statute. Tons of people have copied and pasted this on forums so I have placed it below. Can someone tell me the correct answer if a 20 year old can have a handgun in a vehicle.

"(5) POSSESSION IN PRIVATE CONVEYANCE.—Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012."

I don't know what the confusion is, what you posted is straight forward.
concealed in fla generally means concealed on your person. if the gun is carried in a car it must be carried out of plain sight, in other words concealed within the car but NOT on your person

I don't know what the confusion is, what you posted is straight forward.
concealed in fla generally means concealed on your person. if the gun is carried in a car it must be carried out of plain sight, in other words concealed within the car but NOT on your person

to qualify that, not on your person if you do not have a cwfl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back