Bringing Gun to Work

DB66

If I have a carry and conceal permit in Iowa (Iowa resident), but I work in Illinois, do I also have to have a non-resident permit for Illinois in order to bring my gun to work?

Your Iowa permit to carry weapons it not recognized by Illinois. You can drive through the state with your gun as long as you have a permit to carry from another state, but if you exit your vehicle your weapon needs to be locked up per Illinois law. So yes you will have to have a Illinois non resident permit to carry in Illinois.

FYI its not a carry and conceal permit for Iowa, Iowa is a open carry state. The permit we have is a permit to carry weapons. So you can carry concealed or open.

You can carry it concealed in your car, but can only "transport" outside of your car (e.g. unloaded and in a case).

Unfortunately, Illinois recognizes no out of state permits (other than via the car carry provision) and there is no way to obtain a non-resident license unless you are (1) a resident of Hawaii or South Carolina, and (2) have a resident permit from that state.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back