Bill's Gun Shop, have you been there?

tricolordad

Banned
Somebody bought me a gift card for Bill's Gun Shop, although I do not celebrate Christmas...since I have never even heard of them, how are they? I go to Hudson, where they just opened a store in the old movie theatre, about 3 times a week but rarely go anywhere but Culver's and to my dojo.

What's your overall experience with them? Prices? Selections? Accessories? Their website is pretty vague.

If you've had a bad experience, did they make good?

I am an extremely cautious shopper when it comes to guns, ammo etc. since I almost bought a hot gun from an FFL once. He was ultimately shut down and incarcerated. Lucky for me I can remember serial numbers and I DO check with LE before I buy.

I have been to Bills gun shop in both Circle Pines and Robbinsdale. I bought a Glock from them and I have used both their ranges. I have not bought any ammo from them. They have several guns and seem to be competitive. One thing that is nice is they rent a lot of different guns so you can try one out to see how you like it. So far I have never had any problems.

Purchased a firearm from them in 1988. Probably not up to speed with a current assessment, eh? Not the most customer oriented folks, even then. Rental firearms numbers were substantial, lots of choices...

Their prices on guns are a bit high, their ammo stock isn't the best, but they do have a good range and a restaurant. Their prices on mags and cleaning supplies are good. I don't know how much you have to spend there, but I'm SURE you can find something to buy. They have been around a LONG time, I took my permit class there.

Overall I like shooting there and pick up some basics from time to time. As mentioned above it is a GREAT place to rent firearms to try out.

Good Luck.

Their prices on guns are a bit high, their ammo stock isn't the best, but they do have a good range and a restaurant. Their prices on mags and cleaning supplies are good. I don't know how much you have to spend there, but I'm SURE you can find something to buy. They have been around a LONG time, I took my permit class there.

Overall I like shooting there and pick up some basics from time to time. As mentioned above it is a GREAT place to rent firearms to try out.

Good Luck.
Eh, it's only $25. Maybe a new holster. There's really nothing I need.

Bill's gun shop is one of my fav shops. Great guy excellent service and custom made suppressors that rival the most well known shops out there. Of course this one is in Orrington Maine and not the one the OP had in mind.

Went last night. There wasn't really a good selection. It was mainly geared towards Glock 17 & 26. I didn't have a big boy holster for my P22, so I ended up getting a leather Tagua OWB holster for a PPK, which fits pretty snug. The ammo selection was pretty much the same as Wally world, but they did have two movie theaters converted into shooting ranges, with 12 lanes in each. Lots of AR-15 platforms for sale, as well as a crate of overpriced Mosins. ($89 at Fleet Farm...2 blocks away...vs. $129 at Bill's). I did see a semi auto Uzi (9mm) with the MP40 style folding stock and extended barrel for around $550 (i think?) if anyone is interested. My wife shot me down before I could even ask lol. The plus side is that they allowed me to test the fit in a variety of holsters, which most stores would never let you do and they looked into store policy on trying to eliminate any finders fee if I had to order one. You can also rent a class 3 Steyer Aug so...wink wink!

If I hadn't already shot most of their ASSAULT WEAPONS (take notice DiDi) I might indulge. It does beat going to Wallyworld every 3 months for a new $12 holster.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back