Any women have experience with the MIC holster?

t4pawed

I am brand new to owning a handgun- researched for a while and shot a number of different guns at a local range; ended up buying a Glock 43. I plan on getting a CCW permit and am already searching for the right conceal options. Read the other thread and it seems to be a common quest. I found a number of positive reviews of the Tech MIC holster systems online... but they are all posted by men. Have any women looked into these? The zero holster thing struck me as unlikely for women, but as I thought about it I began to wonder if it wouldn't be functional in some situation. I have some fairly active hobbies and the impressive trigger guard aspect of the MIC is interesting to me for when I am out and about with those hobbies.

Thoughts?

I am brand new to owning a handgun- researched for a while and shot a number of different guns at a local range; ended up buying a Glock 43. I plan on getting a CCW permit and am already searching for the right conceal options. Read the other thread and it seems to be a common quest. I found a number of positive reviews of the Tech MIC holster systems online... but they are all posted by men. Have any women looked into these? The zero holster thing struck me as unlikely for women, but as I thought about it I began to wonder if it wouldn't be functional in some situation. I have some fairly active hobbies and the impressive trigger guard aspect of the MIC is interesting to me for when I am out and about with those hobbies.

Thoughts?

I'll start with I'm a guy, but my wife has carried for sometime now. She uses a Sticky Holster, Comp Tac Infidel, and a leather holster from eBay. The way she carries depends on how she dresses and what she is doing. If you get lucky you might find a holster you like right away. Probably not! The personal defense network has a good video by Nikki Turpeaux for woman conceal carry.

Thanks! I'll check out the video.

I have a Sticky on the way... that holster seemed to have consistently come up as one that everyone has. Figured it was a good place to start.

I don't carry a glock because of several reasons. However # 1 is I have a child at hope. So I try to be super safe. However my husband has one. He carries a Blackhawk Holster for defense. This is made out of plastic. And you have to push the button on the outside of the holster to release the gun. So he can't slide out or worry about the trigger getting pulled. I don't know the mode name. This is carried on the hip . Also he has a leather one worn on the hip. It is a Blackhawk too. The gun slides in the holster but a little of the muzzle is exposed. I like it really well and it fits my 9mm. So I hawked it from him :pp

X

If I carried a glock I would get it for sure

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

Thanks for the suggestion arikk! I will certainly check out the Blackhawk models. I do not have to worry about the child safety issue (otherwise I might not have chosen a Glock either)... but I have some active hobbies around animals where the added security might be beneficial.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back