Any suggestions for Ruger sr9c trigger

JBrown

Does anybody have a suggestion for trigger upgrade on a Ruger sr9c. Not that it's a problem but was wondering if there is an improvement. Some times the first shot is not quite when you intend to pull the trigger.

Does anybody have a suggestion for trigger upgrade on a Ruger sr9c. Not that it's a problem but was wondering if there is an improvement. Some times the first shot is not quite when you intend to pull the trigger.

The last sentence suggests that you need training and not a trigger upgrade.

Yea I figured somebody would suggest that. I understand why you would say that but other guys who have used the gun have had the same situation. I'm not saying this happens every time or very often. Only maybe twice but just thought some one might have found a better feel like my Glock is a better trigger in some ways. It has only happened on the first shot each time and not after that. So I'll let it go since I guess I'm not understood, but thanks.

Yea I figured somebody would suggest that. I understand why you would say that but other guys who have used the gun have had the same situation. I'm not saying this happens every time or very often. Only maybe twice but just thought some one might have found a better feel like my Glock is a better trigger in some ways. It has only happened on the first shot each time and not after that. So I'll let it go since I guess I'm not understood, but thanks.

I guess I don't understand what your problem is. The last sentence of your first post describes the problem in such a way that it shows that you may have either zero training or a completely malfunctioning gun.

So, what exactly is your problem? Is the trigger pull weight different between shots? Is the timing or the reset different? Is the gun firing on its own (as the last sentence in your first post could be interpreted)?

None of the suggested problems, just a little light that's all.Been shooting guns for 60 yrs. I got the hang of it by now.

None of the suggested problems, just a little light that's all.Been shooting guns for 60 yrs. I got the hang of it by now.

So, the factory 5.2 pound trigger pull is too light and you want to make it heavier?

Are you by any chance pre-staging the trigger (pulling it slightly) before you intend to actually pull it?

could be,will be looking at it real soon.Not a big problem, and no I don't want to make it heavier. had one of those back aways,KelTec. Junk. Probably making mountain out of a mole hill.

I picked up a SR9c from a guy that needed the money and I got it at a great price. Finally got it out to shoot it the other day, and I love it. Great trigger, and it fires when I intend for it to fire.

It does have a shorter trigger pull than a Glock or XD, but the break is predictable, and the same for the first shot as all others.

It sounds to me like there was an actual mechanical defect in the trigger. Especially since it wasn't just happening to the OP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back