Any Handgun Now Allowed!

Mike45

Once upon a time, your CCW had to list every handgun you wanted to be allowed to carry concealed, by make, model and caliber. My first NV CCW listed 3 revolvers and three pistols.

Then, they changed the law, and you could carry any revolver if you qualified with a revolver. My present NV CCW lists 3 pistols and specifies "revolvers authorized".

Then, they changed the law, and you were able to qualify for "any revolver" and/or "any pistol".

Now, they have again changed the law. You need qualify only with one handgun, whether revolver or pistol, and the new CCWs will simply be for any handgun! :victory:

This new law was adopted in May 2013 and became effective in October. I don't know if this has been reported on here before, but I just learned of it two days ago.

Sorry if I'm just repeating old news.

That all depends on which state's permit you have. Mine from Kansas doesn't list any. You can carry whatever you wish.

No requirement to list what we carry here in PA either. Glad for those folks that are allowed to carry freely at their discretion.

Guys, I'm sorry, but I thought I was posting this in a state-specific forum, namely Nevada. That is why I did not specify that I was talking about Nevada law. I'm happy that Nevada has now joined the more enlightened (on this subject, at least!!) states of KS and PA!! (OK, PA is a Commonwealth, not a state, I think, but ...)

Guys, I'm sorry, but I thought I was posting this in a state-specific forum, namely Nevada. That is why I did not specify that I was talking about Nevada law. I'm happy that Nevada has now joined the more enlightened (on this subject, at least!!) states of KS and PA!! (OK, PA is a Commonwealth, not a state, I think, but ...)

Not only is it a NV specific forum, but you clearly mentioned the NV permit. Since I'm from the Commonwealth of PA (yes, it's not a state), I will refrain from replying to your original post. I remember reading on here something concerning what you were talking about in NV, but being so far removed physically from that state, I do not know the specifics.

This thread, may solidify your information up to this year: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/nevada-discussion-firearm-news/31809-adding-gun-my-ccw.html

Sorry for any confusion. I was replying from my phone and hadn't noticed where this was posted. Either way, I congratulate your expanded freedom and welcome you to the ranks of hassle-free (nearly) carry. I believe at one time PA had a similar requirement in place to list or specify what you intended to carry, but since I've been of age to carry as of 2003, it hasn't been necessary to do so any longer.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk

This is good news. I know that people held the opinion that having to register each firearm for ccw was back door gun registration.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Warbirds, in Clark County, Nevada, there is no need for back-door registration. Clark Co Police maintains a gun registry. Essentially, all concealable guns in the county must be registered. That is why I keep most of my firearms in my Los Angeles home.

I hope that some day there will be a strong legal challenge to the gun registration ordinances. (Clark County Ordinance 12.04.110, 12.04.200, 12.04.210; Las Vegas Muni Code 10.66.070, 10.66.140; Henderson City Code 8.98.030)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back