Ammo Database Not Ready Yet so starting Jan15th

golocx4

Got Beretta's?
The sections of the NYSAFE Act pertaining to ammunition sales go into effect on
January 15, 2014. The aim of those provisions is to protect the public by keeping
ammunition out of the hands of those prohibited from possessing it under federal and
state law, including criminals and the dangerously mentally ill. The purpose of this
letter is to update all New Yorkers regarding the requirements of the law:

Link Removed
1) The law requires that as of January 15, 2014, all sellers of ammunition must
register with the State Police. Individuals convicted of a felony offense or who
are mentally ill will not be approved as ammunition dealers. Individuals holding
a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL) will not need to take any action in order to
continue selling ammunition; FFL registration will be done automatically by the
State Police.

Businesses that sell ammunition but are not FFLs must register with the New
York State Police using the form available at NYSAFE Act Gun Reform | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo. Registration
forms must be postmarked by January 15, 2014.

2) The law requires that as of January 15, 2014, all ammunition transfers take place
in person, including internet sales, which must be facilitated by a New York State
ammunition seller. However, organizations that distribute ammunition on their
premises may register to continue to receive direct shipments of ammunition.
Registration forms are available at NYSAFE Act Gun Reform | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo.

This type of registration may be of particular interest to shooting ranges, hunting
clubs, and youth safety and education programs, as it will allow those groups to
continue to receive discounted ammunition directly from the manufacturer.

In addition, units of government that employ peace and/or police officers under
the New York State Criminal Procedure Law are not required to register and will
be able to buy ammunition for official use and receive direct shipments of
ammunition.

The law will also require retail sellers to do background checks and record sales once a
New York State database is established and operational. The State database is
currently under construction and not operational, and prior notice will be given to all
sellers on a timely basis before the database is completed and any requirements are
relevant.

Did any of these traitor ass holes read the constitution or the Reid Rider to the health care bill, it is illegal screw them use the ammunition.

Insane. If I'm reading this right, I (a resident of VT) won't be able to buy ammo in NY since I won't be in their database. Much like CT, if you don't now have a state permit ($50) to purchase ammo, you can't..
What about reloading supplies?

Thank God I will never have to visit that God awful state. Sucks to live there, then again, its the ignorance of voters that keep electing these idiots into office. Small cost for freedom in NY huh? Id say a few dozen innocent lives that could/would have been saved if it werent for their libtard officials.

Insane. If I'm reading this right, I (a resident of VT) won't be able to buy ammo in NY since I won't be in their database. Much like CT, if you don't now have a state permit ($50) to purchase ammo, you can't..
What about reloading supplies?

The data base seems to be more like the instant check system, you probably don't have to be a serf, excuse me, resident of Cuomostan, to buy ammo if you can find it. Add to that the interesting statement from Darcy Wells, NY State Police spokesperson, about there being a fee of $10 for the ammo check, soon to go to $20, and you will be seeing a lot of New Yorkers coming to Vermont and Pennsylvania to buy their ammo. But, the "database" isn't going to be on line by the 15th, and possibly not for another year.

Through some oversight, the idiots in the legislature did not see fit to include reloading supplies in the "Safe Act". I'm sure once they realize that they will try to add it in. We won a damn small victory yesterday, the fight againsst this BS bill is far from over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back