CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

A budget cure: Marijuana taxes?

abock33

Got this fron MSN.com A budget cure: Marijuana taxes? What are your thoughts, opinions...

I agree completely. Sure, the moral crusaders are going to be against this, but if the federal government would wake up and see that the war on drugs is a losing cause that is wasting taxpayer money (remember the violence associated with Prohibition, and the resulting dramatic crime decrease when it was repealed?), then this madness would stop. No more Mexican drug cartels causing violence along the southern border, no more Border Patrol agents and judges being bribed by druglords, and no more nonviolent marijuana smokers being locked up. Think about it; what does society have to gain from locking up people who smoke marijuana cigarrettes in the privacy of their homes? As long as they're not robbing people to support their habits, who cares?

Works for me, as long as they stay home I'm good with that! I've been saying this for a while that government should legalize weed and then have the people that smoke it, taxed, just like cigarettes. Now if they choose to get in the car and drive while high, take them to jail, just like you would a drunk driver, I don't need to be put in danger on the road by someone like that, I drive bad enough myself without anyone else’s help. :biggrin:

I have to ardently disagree with you both, on the grounds that a buncha stoned potheads would cause the prices of ice cream, peanut butter, twinkies, and pepsi to jump dramatically, due to the law of supply and demand.:sarcastic:

Actually, I agree with the legalization of marijuana, even though I haven't smoked it in years.

To paraphrase some comedian I heard awhile back: I think they should ban alcohol at sporting events, and legalize weed there. Why? Get 2 drunk guys who support opposing teams near each other - there'll probably be a fight. Get 2 stoned guys who support opposing teams near each other, the argument goes like this:

(Man #1) Dude...
(Man #2) What?

...That's it!:biggrin:

I've actually never smoked it in my life, rode in a car on my first and only day of work for a company where the driver smoked throughout the day, but the way I see it and playing on Xbox live, there are a lot of people who sit and smoke that stuff all evening/night long. The cops can’t do anything about it, so make it legal and tax it. You won’t get everyone to buy it legally and pay taxes, I’m sure there will be people still dealing around corners, but there will be enough that will follow the correct process and that’s more tax revenue that can be paying off our country’s debt!

Email