Nevada no longer recognizing Arizona Permit

I was disappointed to learn of Nevada's decision, but I'm not really surprised. Of all the states Nevada honored, Arizona was the only one from which a nonresident permit was easily available. (Rhode Island is a huge PITA for nonresidents, and South Carolina issues only to nonresidents who own land in the state.) I have nine CCW permits, and Nevada doesn't recognize any of them. Nonresident permits are available from Nevada, but I think you have to take a course in Nevada and appear in person for your permit.

The gun haters in Colorado appear to have the upper hand at the moment, so I hope they don't start winnowing their list of states they honor.

This is one of the reason that I got a CCL from AZ is because NV honor, the wife and I travel there often, I wanted to be legal when I do go there but now they will not honor them. I went to the website to see what could I do the get NV but they wanted $105.00 right up front and the renew it will be $75.00, hmmm, I smell something here and it's beginning to stink.

Kinda makes Nevada an eastern annex of California now for us Zonies... Ironic with the recent running gunfight on the Strip... I'm sure they still want Zonie money - they just want us to bring helmets and body armor instead of guns. OR....WHAT ABOUT OPEN CARRY in Nevada???

Yeah, it looks as if money talks. Do you know whether you have to appear in person for the CCW permit, or can it be done by mail, the way it is with Utah, Florida, Maine, Connecticut?

Yeah, it looks as if money talks. Do you know whether you have to appear in person for the CCW permit, or can it be done by mail, the way it is with Utah, Florida, Maine, Connecticut?

You have to go in person because you have to take a Nevada class in Nevada, and qualify at the range in Nevada. First time permit is eight hour class in Nevada, and then every five years you have to go back for a four hour class and another trip to the range. No way around that though they are talking about carrying concealed without a permit in the legislature, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that passing.

You have to go in person because you have to take a Nevada class in Nevada, and qualify at the range in Nevada. First time permit is eight hour class in Nevada, and then every five years you have to go back for a four hour class and another trip to the range. No way around that though they are talking about carrying concealed without a permit in the legislature, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that passing.

Yep, what 442js said, do anybody that do NV recognize any or the Utah, Florida, Maine, Connecticut because if so I might just go with one of these?

Taken from USA carry website, Nevada honors permits from
Alaska, Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia

Awesome, thank you now all I got to do is to narrow it down, which ones will give a non-resident a premit and if I can just send everything in the mail. I live up in the Seattle, Washington area and getting to those might be a problem.

Of the states Nevada honors, only Rhode Island and South Carolina issue nonresident permits. However, Rhode Island requires a personal appearance (also for renewal, I think) and makes its permits difficult to get, even though the map shows it as "shall issue." South Carolina requires that you own land in the state.

Front Sight (in Pahrump, NV) hosts frequent NV CCW classes, as well as Utah and some others. I don't know when I'll be getting back up there to work again, but it's relatively straight forward, with lots of help/advice in submitting completed paperwork to local office etc.
While OC is lawful up in NV - except in Henderson and the ghetto of North Vegas - I think I'll just choose to not go to NV. But that's just me.
Stay safe, and stay trained.

Right now you can find on-line classes that will give you everything you need to get an AZ CCW permit. Unfortunately the class is on line study and they vary from site to site. The most disturbing one I've seen has you watch a one hour video, take an 11 question test, then pay them $80 to receive a signed off form and finger print cards. No range time means you just gave someone a chance at a permit with no competency in a firearms use. This is why Nevada dropped us from their list of approved States. Not that they have any proof we have permit holders going on shooting rampages within their State. This needs to be addressed and we as permit holders need to pressure our Representatives to act.

Sorry about this one guys and gals. As it happens here in NV, the Sheriffs and Chiefs Association gets together and reviews states policies on CCW permits. Basically a bunch of pricks get together, who hold no accountability to we the people, and decide who's permits we allow.

Wow, the word Sheriff doesnt look right tonight, but I know it is.....

Are these guys elected or appointed? Thats nice to know so we can move forward with trying to upset their success next time around.

Guess I will now gamble elsewhere at NV does not honor Texas permit. When American gun owners quit spending money with these states they might wake up.

A common misconception: Nevada recognized Arizona CCW after we changed our training requirement. The decision to stop recognizing it was strictly economic. In Nevada, CCWs are issued by the county sheriff's department. The county sheriffs 'council' makes decisions on CCWs, not the least of which is which out-of-state ones they'll honor. County sheriffs are elected officials, and it takes money to run a campaign. In many counties, a good chunk of that change comes from the local 'training cartel' - and if the local instructors are losing rivers of cash because the next state over - in this case, Arizona - will issue a non-resident CCW without 8 hours of mandated training. Not to oversimplify, but if Pete Pistolpacker tells his buddy Sheriff Clyde 'I'm not getting the training business I used to since you recognized the AZ CCW, guess I can't make that big contribution to your campaign fund this year' in County 'A', and the same thing happens in County 'C' and County 'J'... Let's just say that even a brain-damaged liberal can make the connection: The next time that 'council' sits down, it's a fair bet that 'someone' will mention the fact that 'recognizing the Arizona CCW may not have been such a good idea', and get a lot of agreement.

As Casey Stengel used to say: "You can look it up" - Nevada recognized the AZ CCW after we changed our training requirement, and then dropped that recognition - with no change to the AZ training requirement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back