CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

WTB: .22LR double action revolver or parts for H&R 649

Phillip Gain

I'm posting here, because it can be such a pain to buy from out of state.

I'm looking for an inexpensive .22LR double action revolver. H&R, NEF, or the like. Nothing over $200 please.

It doesn't have to be cosmetically perfect. I do need it to be in good working order, but will consider a "fixer upper" if it's cheap and if the parts are readily available. I plan to use it (along with my Ruger 22/45) to train students who are new to shooting.

OR...

I have an H&R Model 649 .22LR that I had been using. Problem is, that it has a tiny chip in one tooth of the cylinder ratchet. So I'd love it if:

1) Someone could recommend a gunsmith who has the equipment and skill to do a very small "weld and file" job to repair it.

2) Maybe someone has a parts gun with a good cylinder? Or maybe someone out there who's into these revolvers has cylinders for sale?

3) I'm primarily interested in a .22LR cylinder for this gun. But I also might be interested in buying a .22WMR cylinder if someone has one of those.

4) I'm also interested if anyone has the one-piece grip for this gun. (The ones on it now are split grip, and they don't stay put very well.

found this old thread. i have a 649 pistol with both cylinders in great condition. i am currently starting a small business parting out older out of production guns. if you are still looking for parts just let me know.

Email