CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

OC and CC question...

radartech

Ok.. So I will be travelling to GA again.. and this time I will be in and out late at night...

So without sounding like a Troll..Let the good times rolllll.....
here are my questions and circumstances...

1. I have a current NC CC permit. I had a GA Permit about 15 years ago as an AD Marine....
2. I carry a 1911 with a nice black leather Galico with retention and normally 1 or sometimes 2 extra magazines.
3. There will be several dinners I will be attending-- I dont drink
4. I'm average statured.. (5'6 165) Meaning it is not always easy to conceal a big gun on my frame....

so the questions:

If I CC but take off my concealing jacket should I be worried about responses?
In Decauter, Conyers, Covington, and Duluth......
I mean my permit appears to be reciprocal and the only thing would be shock factor.
Do you see problems?

Have any of you seen problems with OC in these areas?

If I am printing, is that a problem? I mean if OC is legal, should I be concerned?
yea I know if I am CC and print, I might as well OC.. BUT I have found few can ID a CC from printing unless they have carried...

Have any of you transitioned from CC to OC in a restaurant or anywhere else? anything happen?

I look forward to hearing from yall...

Later,
J

No. No. No. No. No. Yes. No.

Short simple and to the point....
Are you SURE you are a Navy LCDR ?? When I was a young Marine on AD.. The only LCDR's I interfaced with could have put the Pope to sleep with long monotone speeches.....

thanks!

J

Short simple and to the point....
Are you SURE you are a Navy LCDR ?? When I was a young Marine on AD.. The only LCDR's I interfaced with could have put the Pope to sleep with long monotone speeches.....

thanks!

J

Yep.

The website requires 15 characters.

With all due respect to what has been said. Verify everyting by reading the laws on the state website itself then feel free to discuss what you learned. Are you willing to trust your future to someone you don't know on the internet? I do respect Navys knowledge but the principle is sound.

I'll help:

Link Removed

I'll help:

LexisNexis® Custom Solution: Georgia Code Research Tool

Chapter 11

Article 4

Part 3

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126 (2011)

Nothing about open carry in Georgia Statutes. Open carry is treated EXACTLY as concealed carry is.

Yep. You are correct. Just wanted to get opinions of trouble. I had read most of what Navy posted already.

I've carried in 5 states with no issues and always research but Georgia is shall we say unique in the area of problems.

Well my trip is about over... No issues .. A few raised eyebrows and a few looks... Nothing out of sorts.
The only thing I heard was at a hotel breakfast area. A kid told his mom that he was scared because of that man... She said "honey I think he is a policeman.... "
I didn't say a word...
My carry rig is a leather Galico with retention.

A family dinner at a local restaurant was funny... A cousin I rarely see asked me was my handgun real...
I handed him my extra magazine and said well it wouldn't be useful if it wasn't.....

Email