CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Judge Rules state's gun laws prevail

rheaj

Well now, I knew NY would say that the SC ruling didn't affect their "sensible" gun regulations, but I didn't expect a judge to say the ruling only applied to Washington DC. I didn't think they would go so far as to say the constitution doesn't apply to NY at all. I certainly didn't expect the NYSRPA to agree with them!!! I know it is out of context, but it was so disheartening to read.

Link Removed

Last edited:
Don't despair. Who would have thought just a few months ago that the SC would rule in favor of the 2nd Amendmant being an individual right? This ruling isn't going to be the last word on this issue - it just takes us in the right direction (no pun intended). It may take a few years before we see significant change here in NYS.

I'm so happy you posted this already. I was here to do the same thing. Thank goodness for ny being so thoughtful as to protect its' subjects from that evil Second Amendment.

I know that I will thank my issuing officer the next time I see him for not judging my "...special need for self-protection distinguishable from that of the general community or of persons engaged in the same profession," and seeing fit to give the Citizens in his County the ability to bear arms to ensure their own safety.

Just another perfect example of how ny is allowing judge's to play god and tell me what i can and can not do and put restrictions on my license i can't wait to get out of this godforsaken state

...I am so happy i left that state. some to Nevada - we love guns, freedom and best of all, we're America

...I am so happy i left that state. some to Nevada - we love guns, freedom and best of all, we're America

I like NV pretty well, but the $25 punishment for buying a gun (even if you have CHL, now) and that execrable blue card in Clark County sour it a bit. I'd really like SoNV to quit trying to be East East LA

I like NV pretty well, but the $25 punishment for buying a gun (even if you have CHL, now) and that execrable blue card in Clark County sour it a bit. I'd really like SoNV to quit trying to be East East LA

its $25 all over...NY too for the background check.

its $25 all over...NY too for the background check.

My son bought a pistol last week at Prescott Valley Guns in AZ and there was no charge for the background check. I bought a rifle in Wisconsin last March and there was no fee for background check.

There have been many that have said that the Heller decision was just meant for D.C. and not for any of the States. That "incorporation" was not included. Not that I agree but that is the way law works. It is to bad the 2a isn't for every law-abiding citizen in America, the way it was supposed to be. It will take lawsuits, using the Heller case, to prove that state gun laws fail constitutional muster. It's to bad that it will take years and years for this to happen. New York State is one of those states that will fight tooth and nail to keep it's Unconstitutional gun laws. Oops, I meant to say "sensible". hahaha

I agree that it will take one or more lawsuits filed in this state before we get full recognition of our 2nd Amendment rights. However, Article two, Section 4 of NYS Bill of Rights contained in the Civil Rights Law mimics the 2nd Amendment, except for the words "...shall not be infringed" reads ...cannot be infringed." How can they say carrying is a privilege and not a right?? Any lawyers out there care to explain??

Last edited:
Email