Youtube's new account creation system

kerb

pinche gringo
Inspired by a few posts I've seen here recently, I decided to create a youtube video.
I wanted to create a new youtube account (because I can't change my current alias) so that the username would be something indicative of shooting sports.

What I found was pretty shocking.

Apparently all new youtube accounts are really just google+ accounts. And guess what? All Google+ accounts absolutely require you to enter your full name. And your full name is displayed. No aliases allowed.

Now don't get me wrong. I really have nothing to hide. However, putting my name out there worries me. Identity theft is a real problem these days. So is the risk that some nutjob could find out where I live and cause harm to my loved ones.

Am I just paranoid?

It isn't paranoia if they really are out to get me.. Is it?

Last edited:
Nope. It's not just you. I don't trust Google as far as I can spit, and sent them a rather nasty email explaining how I just wanted a friggen YouTube account without all the extra bull attached. Never got a response. The worst part is, because I screwed up the account creation process the first time and then canceled the account in order to do it over a different way, I can no longer use the name I had chosen, because it's "already in use".

Google is known for keeping every search from day one. Now that they own YouTube they track all that info also. Google was caught driving their trucks around the country, breaking into wireless networks and downloading personal information. I quit using Google as a search engine years ago. I currently use Ixquick because they do not track your searches. Is there another option besides YouTube?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back