Your Next Firearm: Semiauto or Revolver?

Revolver or Semiauto?

• Revolver (Wheelgun)

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Semiauto (Bottomfeeder)

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.357Sig

Just seeing what the mood is out there. My next gun purchase will be a revolver. Then maybe another revolver, just because they're so damn fun.:biggrin:

Revolvers leave me cold I either want a S&W 4006 or a CZ75 compact either in 40S&W

There's a great emptiness inside me that can only be filled by a 1911.....:biggrin:

Revolvers work everytime---semiautos do not. One look at the firearm sales guy, as pulled and tugged and racked and took pieces and springs out of the semi as he showed it to me, made it obvious to me that this was not what I wanted to deal with. I do not live in downtown Bagdhad, where, it seems many of our forum members live when I read their comments and need for "firepower". Always a "what if" but statistics on almost all defensive shootings end after less than 5 shots and not being a Dirty Harry, quite frankly I do not see myself still firing after that many rounds. I have never been (69 years) in a situation that even comes close to a need for a firearm and, quite frankly, purchased one and secured a CC more as an embracing of at least 2A of the constitution in the face of a federal government that is as close to a dictatorship as I ever want to see. I certainly understand those who want or perceive a need for a semi--just is not me.

Revolvers work everytime...
Spoken like someone who has never repaired a revolver for someone - - because it didn't work every time. :wacko:

The simple fact is that all firearms are mechanical devices - machines. I can tell you for sure after spending all of the last 37 years as an automotive technician and most of that time also as an aircraft mechanic and amateur gunsmith, that all machines break or malfunction sooner or later. Period.

And don't give me the "you gotta buy brand X" garbage. I have a Colt, an S&W, a Rossi and an RG in for repair right now. Revolvers don't always work.

On topic: My next gun, unless something too good to pass up comes along, will be another Mosin Nagant 91/30, this one to turn into a good close range brush gun.

I Have Plenty !!!

I Love them both , but I have more revolvers then auto's ! I shoot them all as much as I can and shoot the very well ! But I will tell ya this when I go to bed it's the revolver that sleeps with me !!:laugh:

My Next Pistol

My next will be revolver with a three inch barrel.

If I can find a airweight model 642, 638 or maybe a titanium with a hammer shroud that would more than meet the need.

The three inch barrel rather than a two inch gives a little more velocity but the most important is the sight radius.

The lighter the pistol the more often I will carry it. Heavier pistols like the smith model 10 in with a two inch barrel is a little too heavy.

For those of us that have a nice smith model 65 with a three inch barrel have the same problem, a little too heavy and the frame is large enough that it can be uncomfortable to conceal.

I have an older smith model 36 but it has an outside hammer that will hang up on clothing when carried in a pocket holster or possibly a belly band holster.

Bottom line, next one is an airweight with a three inch barrel and concealed hammer.

Pat Olvey
email [email protected]

I have a Colt, an S&W, a Rossi and an RG in for repair right now.

Geez....do you use them to drive nails when you're not shooting them?? :no:

One day I'll add a western-style revolver to my collection but for now my #1 acquisition would be a 1911. That is, of course, after I pay for a new driveway this month:angry: That $4k would buy a lot of nice guns...:biggrin:

Revolvers work everytime---semiautos do not. One look at the firearm sales guy, as pulled and tugged and racked and took pieces and springs out of the semi as he showed it to me, made it obvious to me that this was not what I wanted to deal with. I do not live in downtown Bagdhad, where, it seems many of our forum members live when I read their comments and need for "firepower". Always a "what if" but statistics on almost all defensive shootings end after less than 5 shots and not being a Dirty Harry, quite frankly I do not see myself still firing after that many rounds. I have never been (69 years) in a situation that even comes close to a need for a firearm and, quite frankly, purchased one and secured a CC more as an embracing of at least 2A of the constitution in the face of a federal government that is as close to a dictatorship as I ever want to see. I certainly understand those who want or perceive a need for a semi--just is not me.

Tell that to the local shop owner. A revolver that did not turn.

Geez....do you use them to drive nails when you're not shooting them?? :no:
No, hence the statement "someone who has never repaired a revolver for someone". Probably should have included the word "else" at the end to be more clear.

I'm not responsible for what other people do or don't do (maintenance) with their guns. Or as I tell my automotive customers, I didn't build it, I didn't buy it and I didn't break it. I'm just the guy who has to fix it.

All of our (my wife's, mine and my local family) revolvers function flawlessly, including the one on my hip as I type.

3-inch barrel revolvers. We have a few in our stable, all of them .38 Specials. IMO, they're not a lot more accurate for experienced shooters when compared to a snubby, but they're a world better for beginners because of increased accuracy and reduced felt recoil especially in a J-frame sized gun. In my experience they also tend to be somewhat less expensive, at least when sold used.

It depends on what I run into first. I'm jonesing for a few different models of each type, along with various long guns.

I, like every other gun nut, have a mental list of what I want. Mine isn't in a particular order, just a mental list of models that tickle my fancy enough for me to have decided to eventually add them to the collection.

Maybe I'll run into the Smith Model 29 with the 4 inch full underlug that I've been meaning to pick up for years that feels good in my hand and at the right price or one of the old 3 inch, steel frame Bodyguard .38's (the original shrouded hammer J frame 'Bodyguard', not the alloy thing they just came out with). Then again, maybe I'll run into that hi cap 1911 in .38 Super I've been meaning to build or a 1911 long slide 10mm.

There's always the possibility that I run into a European .32ACP pocket pistol (a weakness of mine- I went to a gun shop intending on buying a .45 revolver and carried home a HK Model 4 a few years ago) that just calls out for me to take it home.

Voted revolver. I already own 2 semi-autos, which I trust with my life. If I purchase another handgun it will be for "wow" factor, not out of necessity, and it will probably be a Chiappa Rhino. Because ... hell, why not?

Voted revolver. I already own 2 semi-autos, which I trust with my life. If I purchase another handgun it will be for "wow" factor, not out of necessity, and it will probably be a Chiappa Rhino. Because ... hell, why not?

Damn skippy! That is one very cool looking revolver. Should be hell finding a good holster for it, but I still want one.

I'm a semi-auto guy, I guess, I just like the way they feel and look and shoot better than revolvers. I guess I just prefer the more "modern" appearance of the semi-auto pistol, but revolvers are cool, too!

Nikon or a Canon?

Well...I voted semi-auto because they are what I already own. I have not really fired a revolver so I will stick with my preference. The next firepower I will buy after spending for a new dishwasher (!:hang3:) will be another rifle.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back