your kids

I realize there are a lot of guesses here with minimal information provided. It seems like an unlikely scenario for kidnapping, but that does not rule it out as a possibility.

I would regard grabbing my kid by the arm like sitting on my Harley and trying to start it, only more so. A bike does not merit a full-on, no warning response with a weapon - a child does. No words - just the click of my folder locking open (I shave with it) followed by the vigorous and enthusiastic application of the blade vertices (a point in a geometrical solid common to three or more sides; the intersection of two sides of a plane figure) to the perv who attempted to abduct my kid. A gun may present too much chance of harm to innocent parties in a crowded store.

I was shopping yesterday in Walmart when looking on the shelf for a item my 6 year old and 9 month old were in the buggy I turned around and some Guy had my 9 month old by the arm I right off the bat asked wth are you doing he took off I ha e been thinking all day what would have happened if he pulled a weapon before I looked up would I had a chance to draw mine to stop him. What risk would my kids been in, there are a lot of what ifs. But what if the situation went bad?

I hope you reported this to SECURITY, and the POLICE.

This person needs to be caught, before a child IS taken.

They will, most likely have footage of him entering, and exiting the store. If he is a local, and has any police record, they can immediately take steps to arrest him. This Is attemped kidnapping of a child.

If you have not reported this, do so Immediately. Don't worry about the "what ifs", do something to protect someone elses child now.

If your Police aren't much help, I'd report to your Local News. They will be able to get the fire burnin. Good luck, and keep us informed, please.

I realize there are a lot of guesses here with minimal information provided. It seems like an unlikely scenario for kidnapping, but that does not rule it out as a possibility.

I agree, there is minimal info, but there is never a "likely scenario", for kidnapping. The fact that this person turned, and bolted, is enough reason to report the incident. Someone trying to help you, would not do this. They would tell you why they touched your child. Such as, preventing a fall, etc.

Having 5 children of my own, I'd never risk my own chidrens well being, or any one elses, by failing to report this incident. It only takes a brazen perp, a split second to commit a crime. Whether you're there, or not. If they see an opportunity, they will take it.

Luckily, this attempt was unsuccessful.

unlikely scenario???

I have regularly watch and read the local news. LOTS of kids have come up missing and dead over the years.

Kids groped at Chucky Cheeses, snached from bowling alleys and right off street corners. I also recall a few department store stories.

Perps dont alwase have their heads screwed on straight and dont think like the rest of us.

If it looked like he was trying to snatch my kid, I go from calm to high order violence in 1 second.

unlikely scenario???

I have regularly watch and read the local news. LOTS of kids have come up missing and dead over the years.

Kids groped at Chucky Cheeses, snached from bowling alleys and right off street corners. I also recall a few department store stories.

Perps dont alwase have their heads screwed on straight and dont think like the rest of us.

True! The U.S. Department of Justice reports:

• 797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.
  • 203,900 children were the victims of family abductions.
  • 58,200 children were the victims of non-family abductions.
  • 115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)

apguns,

I agree with the others that there are usually too many variables at the time to say what anyone would have done in your place. However, I would suggest that you do tell police and store security now, even if it is after-the-fact and let them do what they can to identify the perpetrator from the tapes. Different stores keep them for different lengths of time and they might still be able to identify him.

Second, Your oldest child is old enough to be part of your family security. Explain your security to him. Take him shooting with you and let him understand and enjoy shooting with you. Explain guns are fun and dangerous and only handled with you. Show him how to unload them and how to make them safe. These are things that take away the "Forbidden Fruit" syndrome that cause kids to look for guns and want to "play" with them. The more they associate with them, the less "special" they are. Also tell him to scream his head off the next time a stranger tries to touch him or his brother in a store and to not stop until you or a security officer arrives AND that he will not be in trouble for it no matter what. It's amazing how many children won't make a scene because they are afraid they will be punished if they do. The next time your youngest gets touched, your oldest should turn into an air raid siren! Make sure to go outside and practice it with him - kids love to scream! And make sure they understand it's for emergencies only. Kids should always be a part of the family's emergency plans.

To add to my situation I spoke to police they have all they need on him a discription a tag number etc. I did everything thing legal I should have done but on the hand things happen faster than you can ever think I was right on top of the whole situation but violence in front of my children or just conflict could be a distraction for a second perp to step in. Police told me that by just questioning him threw him off so I think I did correct as far as the Guy tags are somebody else's. But till it happens to see what your reaction is mine was grab my kids and go the threat was gone I was good thanks for everybody's comments good luck stay save it could happen to anybody

I would have been yelling at the top of my voice that a guy wearing(quick description) had tried to grab my kid.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back