your kids

apguns

I was shopping yesterday in Walmart when looking on the shelf for a item my 6 year old and 9 month old were in the buggy I turned around and some Guy had my 9 month old by the arm I right off the bat asked wth are you doing he took off I ha e been thinking all day what would have happened if he pulled a weapon before I looked up would I had a chance to draw mine to stop him. What risk would my kids been in, there are a lot of what ifs. But what if the situation went bad?

A male stranger had his hand on your kid and all you did was question him? That would not have been my immediate response.

What Horkos said. More importantly, I'm thinkin' your situational awareness may need some work. How did this guy (who might have left in a body bag if it was my kid) get close enough to your kid to have his hand(s) on him/her and you not know it?

What did you do? Did you get security to see if the guy was recognizable on any of the recordings? ...You did report this, right?

So even with the broken OP English, if I understand what you stated. A man try to abduct your child and all you did was question him? Please expound on the altercation so we may have a better under standing.

Wow, you guys are all questioning this guy pretty hard for not "doing more". Maybe, just maybe, he was looking for other perps and checking the 9 month old out for injuries. Remember, once the guy turns and walks away, he's no longer a threat so drawing on him would be illegal. He also said the guy took off so pursuing him would mean leaving the 2 kids unattended.

I was shopping yesterday in Walmart when looking on the shelf for a item my 6 year old and 9 month old were in the buggy I turned around and some Guy had my 9 month old by the arm I right off the bat asked wth are you doing he took off I ha e been thinking all day what would have happened if he pulled a weapon before I looked up would I had a chance to draw mine to stop him. What risk would my kids been in, there are a lot of what ifs. But what if the situation went bad?

What if a pig had wings? What if obama was white.?What could the perp possibly gain in the middle of wall mart to pull a gun on you and take your child. Would you care to explain yourself a little better?

I would have to agree, with out being there how can you say what you would do in a situation when you aren't there. Now for the fact that he needs to be more aware of his surroundings i agree with.

OpenCarryYes:213084 said:
Wow, you guys are all questioning this guy pretty hard for not "doing more". Maybe, just maybe, he was looking for other perps and checking the 9 month old out for injuries. Remember, once the guy turns and walks away, he's no longer a threat so drawing on him would be illegal. He also said the guy took off so pursuing him would mean leaving the 2 kids unattended.
How I see it with the info given. Forget the potential that you may or may not be armed. The immediate threat was the guy with his hand on your kid. He didn't "turn and walk away" until spoken to. And checking for wounds is a time best left for a secure scene. So at the very moment you see some strange dude touching your kid intense action required. You see him, he's touching your kid, you automactically induce coma. As he lay there in full body spasms, take your kids and contact security. Then ask for discount on your groceries. Simple.....

Did your 6 year old see anything? Need to teach him/her how to snatch a perps juggler when they get to close.

That reminds me, I need to reinforce the "Dont talk to strangers" idea with my 9yr old. Talks to everyone... argh.

Years ago when my kids were 1 and 2.5 years old, my wife was in a grocery store. At the time she was a black belt and did not have a CCL. She noticed a strange looking guy in the same isle as her and he seemed kinda close. When she went to the next isle she noticed that he was there too and still kinda close. She had a normal routine of shopping from one side of the store to the other (probably like most people) as that is how she made out her grocery list. She made a decision to go to the other end of the store and shop backwards through her list and she noticed that he was now at that end of the store. After ducking down another isle she waited for him to come around the corner and asked him why he was following her. He told her she was crazy, turned around, left his shopping cart in the middle of the store and left the store in a hurry. She reported it to the store manager and he called the police.

When she got home we talked about it and she said her initial thought was to stay between him and the kids. Since he technically hadn't done anything wrong she didn't think it was a self defense situation so the only thing she really had left was her instincts and situational awareness. We're thankful that it didn't escalate any further.

Apguns,
I'm glad that nothing bad happened to you,or your kids. I wish,I could give you a better answer to your question. We never know how we would react in that type of situation. I agree with other replies as far as I'm concerned you acted as you seen the threat.

I think I would of advised store management and had them call the local LEO,s to have this guy checked out. Because your kids where with you and their age you wouldn't want to confront him.I would of tried to get his license plate info for Leo,s to follow up with him.In the end i'm very happy that nothing bad happened.

I would like a better definition of "by the arm". Was he just gently holding his arm, smiling at the kiddo and making funny faces, or was he attempting to pull him out of the cart with a stone cold look on his face?

This story sounds fishy to me....but ill bite.

If it was the former situation, while I would be very concerned and wary, I would kindly ask them not to touch my child. Hey some people just love kids, nothing wrong with that. If it were the latter? They wouldnt need a coroner to tell it was 2 shots to the head at close range that killed him.

A male stranger had his hand on your kid and all you did was question him? That would not have been my immediate response.
He would have gone down as soon as he let go of the kid. Police would have been called and a complaint filed. He's a weirdo.

Most child abductions occur when there is no adult around. Only very rare occurances of a child abduction at gun-point have occurred.

You touch my daughter, at the very least we are going to have VERY loud words spoken. Fortunately she is now 14 with multiple martial arts degrees and would likely be saying as she chokes him unconscious "you can call the police now daddy!"

Babarock:213173 said:
.... Fortunately she is now 14 with multiple martial arts degrees and would likely be saying as she chokes him unconscious "you can call the police now daddy!"

Lol, yeah thats good! I like that!

All Im sayin is, when it comes to protecting my kids, there's no such thing as overKILL. Like pappa bear, mess with my youngens and you become breakfast.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back