Your favorite safe queen?

My Colt Python, never been fired.

Link Removed

My Colt Python, never been fired.

Link Removed

Why would you do that? Would you buy a car, and not drive it? I could understand not shooting it much, but never at all. I'm not a big fan of wheel guns, but the Python is a nice work of art.

Why would you do that? Would you buy a car, and not drive it? I could understand not shooting it much, but never at all. I'm not a big fan of wheel guns, but the Python is a nice work of art.
I agree it's a nice work of art. Believe me, it takes a lot of self control to not take it out and shoot it, but it's the one and only gun I've ever purchased that I wanted simply for the pride of ownership.

I understand ya Ringo. My pops has a whole bunch of unfired guns. Told me he just wanted them, and their value holds better not shot.

do rifles count ? i have a rem 700 that was my dads and he got it in the late 70s, its a 308 and very acurate.

ca.1951 S&W M&P (pre-model 10) Factory nickel snub barrel. It's my "Weddings and Funerals" gun.Real class act.

Link Removed

I only have one "safe queen"...my first generation (Blackhawk frame) Ruger Vaquero, 4 5/8 barrel, .45 LC, blued with "case-hardened" frame. Bought it in June, '94, and have put exactly 6 rounds (1 complete cylinder) through it. (I had to make sure it would actually shoot, right?)

A good friend of mine finally bought his dream gun this summer...a new genuine Colt SAA in 44.40 with a 7" barrel. (Over $2 grand and it took him several months to find one.)

1904 .45 Colt Bisley...
Inherited it from my Dad, He only fired it once, I've never fired It.
He bought it off one of the hired hands on my Granddads ranch, during the Depression, for $5... :eek:
I intend to pass it down to my son, in 10 or 20 years!

Star PD. I shot one when I was a kid, and always wanted one. Found one at a shop, Nickle with pearl grips. Not usually my style, but it was almost perfect. From the small amount of wear on the barrel, I would guess someone bought it, put a box or two through it and put it in a drawer. Ive only shot it twice. It's going to stay a safe queen, but as soon as I can find one at a good price, its future blued brother will absolutely see use. Kind of a PITA in this state though....have to have it disassembled and the frame sent to a dealer for transfer, and the parts sent to me.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back