You own glocks... want a cookie?

fourmula766

I don't bash them I just don't like them ... I've shot them they aren't for me its that simple... why does it seem every glock owner I know acts like a car salesman or is it because they need to constantly justify their purchase? Again this isn't a bash some are quality and work well for some ... go ahead sing their praise just please stop trying to sell me on one.. and worry about who has tighter groupings....

You need to meet some nice Glock owners like myself. I say to each his own. I agree, nobody should have to put down anyone else's purchase to justify why they have a Glock. I don't, just happen to like their simplicity and function. Stay safe.

Um, You started the thread.
And tighter groupings don't mean $hit.
Can you shoot and move, reacquire the target and defend yourself and your family? I carry a Glock because in all the time I've had it, I've never had a malfunction. When and if I ever have to use it, I'm confident it will work. That is why I carry it.

I'll put me and my M&P 45 up against anyone and their Glock any day, whether it's tight groups, or "runnin' and gunnin'."

I bought it used and broken (probably from some bad amateur trigger work)...but zero malfunctions since its one little trip back to S&W.

TC1926:237122 said:
Can you shoot and move, reacquire the target and defend yourself and your family? I carry a Glock because in all the time I've had it, I've never had a malfunction. When and if I ever have to use it, I'm confident it will work. That is why I carry it.

This is my point ... a good gun is one that suites you... one that your efficient with and is reliable .. im not going to get into what i own but i own plenty with 6000+ rounds without malfunction other than operator error... the "grouping" comment was more like shut up and practice.. not a accuracy thing... I practice as much as my wallet lets me on the move drills etc... Im confident enough with my weapons that I wouldn't want to be the guy testing my skills... its not a thread about glock quality its about glock peer pressure ....

I have owned a glock 21 and the perfect glock the 36.
I think the Springfield xd is what a glock should be. If you want a Tupperware gun.

Personally I think you can not beat a 1911. But the xd and glock carries more rounds.
that's why I carry a para 1445.

Im sure glocks are "perfect " for their owners that's why they bought it... I don't see a gun through glass and say "oooh ahhh" then buy it... I research, rent, range, then buy... I choose what I buy because its "perfect" for me.. I could go on and on about how reliable,accurate,comfortable my piece is but I dont every brand has its lemons while functionality options are personal preference ... all I ask is respect the choices I've made as they're suited to me... after all I carry it

I don't bash them I just don't like them ... I've shot them they aren't for me its that simple... why does it seem every glock owner I know acts like a car salesman or is it because they need to constantly justify their purchase? Again this isn't a bash some are quality and work well for some ... go ahead sing their praise just please stop trying to sell me on one.. and worry about who has tighter groupings....

If your groupings are nice and tight, real small groups indeed then some would recommend you speed up. I've read from the book of knowledge and drank from the cup of tactical wisdom at the church of the all knowing (hehe) and it was preached that if your groups from the draw (double or triple taps) are smaller than your hand you need to speed up and get more hits faster, if your groups are larger than your hand then slow down and regain accuracy. ...If you are practicing getting on target quickly along with trigger control to better take down gangsta zombies that is.

If a person is just wanting to punch holes in paper for the sake of simply making them as close together as possible, that's cool, I'd suppose there's a bit of a sporting thing there for some kinda like lawn darts or such.

Yeah, I know, the quoted post wasn't centered on drawing from concealed 'battle' groups. We all whine about something here now and again but I'd thought I'd turn this one toward something more useful. ;-)

Regarding the cookie bit, be glad a majority of us here are polite.

Glockers will push their weapon of choice on you the same way:

OCers will push OC.
CCers will push CC.
1911 owners push 1911's.
Relaoders will push reloading over store bought.
And so on and so on.....

Everyone like to share their opinion with you. If they can't justify their love/like for their particular choice of ( ITH.insert topic here) and get you to agree with them, then perhaps they may have made the wrong decision of (insert topic again). So you will find that , in order to support their own decision for (ITH)they feel it is important to express to everyone that you should also share their feelings on (ITH).

Or to boil it down to the basic understandings, what you have witnessed is the "My dog is better than your dog" syndrome.

You will find in every topic of discussion some that don't intend to discuss. They intend to convince the other that they are right about the subject. In real life these are the people that have had it their way all along. They are store owners, office mangers, corporate executives and so on that have always had the 'yes sir' factor in their favor.

They made a command decision to do what it is they did (I bought a glock!) and because they did it, "it" must be right. Sound familiar? It goes on all the time.

Then there is the other category. It consists of people that makes a decision, but they are not totally convinced it was the right decision. So they feel that if they get more people on board with the decision they made then the decision will be correct by shear volume of acceptance. Kind of like the one that jumps up at a party and tries to convince everyone it's time to play charades, or time to go by a glock, whichever you prefer.

So there you have it! Getting along in the blogs can be a lot more fun if you try to figure our why you get the response you do from the people who give it. Now! When you think you figured out my angle, drop me a line.

snickersnickersnicker!

Wow! "Tighter groupings don't mean $hit" Wow! The sounds of a 'see and spray' comment. I think I'll take a 2" 3 shot grouping in center mass over 15 in the floor, ceiling and background any day.

Something an old fart (who knew a lot more about guns and shooting than I did at the time) told me that the high capacity guns (them new fangled auto loaders!) would be the demise of good shooting. He said when you get the notion in your head that you got 15 rounds to do the work you should take care of with 6, you get sloppy.

To some extent I have to agree he's right. Especially when someone makes the comment "tight groupings don't matter" (cleaned up for the mixed gender crowd we have here). Personally, I retired my beautiful blue steel lethal work of art for the more utilitarian plastic defense tool with a higher capacity some years ago. But in my book accuracy is everything.

Running, weaving, bobbing, diving for cover, Hollywood roll over and 200 round magazines won't do you a bit of good if you can't hit the aggressor (notice I didn't say target) with the first couple of rounds. Accuracy/grouping is everything.

Omm nom nom, glad the good glockers don't take it personal, the "salesmen" know who they are.. I mean no offense but I am offended by some.. Do what you do, love what you love, and praise don't push....

You need to meet some nice Glock owners like myself. I say to each his own. I agree, nobody should have to put down anyone else's purchase to justify why they have a Glock. I don't, just happen to like their simplicity and function. Stay safe.
Jeff, gotta love the easy parts interchange.

I agree, every post about an weapon ends up saying you should of bought a Glock. I have bought an Glock Not impressed. Sorry to you Glock lovers. I will take an cheap 1911 before buying another Glock. Once again Im truly sorry for you diehard Glock owners. They are just not for me.

Yes, I own a glock...Please pass the cookies.. I agree with above mentioned, that one can easily get into the mentality of knowing they have 16 rounds and their shooting goes into the crapper.. If hunting one should always start with a single shot weapon.. That being said, Shoot what works for you.. I really don't care what you have.. My glock is a goat and I love it..

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back