You own glocks... want a cookie?

When the need for self defense arises the loudest sound in the world is "click." It may be the last sound one ever hears. I have a G17 with well over 50,000 rounds through it. Not a single failure of any kind during it's entire life. Now I won't push them on others as no gun is perfect for everyone, but there is no one with a "junk-gun" argument that holds water. I own several and routinely shoot one inch groups at 25 yards. It's usually not the gun that causes a miss, it's the lack of fundamentals. In a self-defense situation a bulls-eye is anywhere within an eight inch circle... upper COM of course. Pretty much ANY gun will do that.

"You own glocks... want a cookie?"

Yes please...Do you have any ice cold milk to go with that cookie?
Nope! That is for 1911 owners only. :wink: I looked at a Glock today but then held a wrap around wood gripped Sig and a ported S&W .44 Magnum to get rid of the bad feelings in my hands.:biggrin:

To each his own as that is what keeps the different gun makers happy. So far no one has made a gun that everyone is happy with.

Wow I would like to have a glock 21 but can't afford one right now so the high point jhp 45 will do. Can I have a cookie too?
Nope. With the money you save on the High Point you have to buy the cookies for the rest.

Nope! That is for 1911 owners only. :wink: I looked at a Glock today but then held a wrap around wood gripped Sig and a ported S&W .44 Magnum to get rid of the bad feelings in my hands.:biggrin:

To each his own as that is what keeps the different gun makers happy. So far no one has made a gun that everyone is happy with.

LOL! Good One!

I finally drank the Kool Aid and bought a G36 last night. Merry Christmas to me, from me. I have been a S&W fan for a long time and am retiring my 4006 as my every day carry weapon in a month or two when I can pick up my G36 (NY law makes you get each new gun approved by a judge before pickup, and I am in a metro NYC county). The reason I went with the Glock? No, not the cookie, as I certainly don't need one of those, but the feel. I'm told it is a love or hate feel and I wanted a large caliber. While I love the 1911s, I'm not interested in carrying SAO. It is a personal choice only on that and I am not making a disparaging statement against cocked and locked carry. It's just not for me. As for the G36, no other compact .45 felt as good or was I able to shoot as well. Also, there are plenty of inexpensive and readily available accessories for it such as holsters of all types, additional mags, etc. I sure will miss my trusted 4006 that has been with me through thick and thin for 20 years, but my lifestyle has made it impractical for a duty sized weapon on my belt. Too big and heavy for my uses now. Thankfully, it will live on in my son's hand and in his collection right next some other legacy guns passed down from my father and myself to him. I hope swapping the Springfield, Mass tag for Made in Austria doesn't disappoint.

I want a cookie now... that's guys.

Nice soft chocolate cookie... with a glass of milk, mmmm.

But yeah, don't prefer Glocks.

I think that secretly everyone wants a Glock, and those that complain about them want one really bad. :biggrin:

JSDinTexas:251820 said:
I think that secretly everyone wants a Glock, and those that complain about them want one really bad. :biggrin:

Lmao!! That's what their sales reps have stuck in their head.... :)

I have not found too many guns that I hated. I usually find more reason to like a gun than to dislike one. Like the op I do dislike over-opinionated people. Because of them I now dislike XD's but have never held or fired one. I am also reluctant to carry a .45 because my subconscious doesn’t want me to become one of those “because they don’t make a .46” kind of guy. Maybe I need to broaden my horizons.

I just purchased a Glock 26 this past Tuesday, Merry Christmas to me! I'd love a cookie, preferably a Pepperidge Farm shortbread cookie. As a small female I had a lot of recommendations to go with a Ruger LCP and other firearms that would qualify as pocket pistols, and of course the "honey you want a revolver" argument. But at the end of the day, I like the feel of the Glocks, the accessibility of new parts and accessories, and of course the tried and true reliability that Glock owners brag about. I'll collect my cookie but at the end of the day, to each their own!

I just purchased a Glock 26 this past Tuesday, Merry Christmas to me! I'd love a cookie, preferably a Pepperidge Farm shortbread cookie. As a small female I had a lot of recommendations to go with a Ruger LCP and other firearms that would qualify as pocket pistols, and of course the "honey you want a revolver" argument. But at the end of the day, I like the feel of the Glocks, the accessibility of new parts and accessories, and of course the tried and true reliability that Glock owners brag about. I'll collect my cookie but at the end of the day, to each their own!

You bought the gun I plan on buying this summer for a nice, easier to conceal summer gun. Good choice

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back