You own glocks... want a cookie?

I believe he is referring to a 6 inch naval gun you find on a destroyer. 45 caliber not the .45 you find in a handgun.

Uhh, coming from the Tin Can Navy, I can tell you that your referring to the 5"/54 LWGS. None of the destroyers carry a 6" gun. The newest have started getting a 5"/62 (I may be mistaken on the last number) allowing our FireControlmen (that is a Navy rate) to reach out and touch bad guys at a longer range. I can state, from personal experience, that this gun mount will render a M1A1 inoperable by delivering 70lbs of high explosives accurately.

Now as far as this particular thread is concerned, GUN OWNERS are starting to piss me off,

I open carry so Im better
No, Im better because I CC
NO, I carry a glock so Im better
No, my (brand name) is better
No, Im better because I carry (insert caliber)
NO, your all stupid and worthless unless you have spent the entire year at (training facility)
Hand to hand is better
No, my holster is

How about we all play a game of hide and go F$ck ourselves untill we remember one simple fact. We carry for our own reasons. If I see some jackwagon trying to rape a little girl Im going to stop that threat. If your there beside me I wont care if you have a Glock, a 1911, Kimber, Taurus, or a freaking ROCK, as long as your there to help. If Im sitting in an IHOP (Carson City anyone?) I really wont care when tons o'fun walks in shooting what your there with, I will be glad that I have someone else there returning fire as well. I wont stop and say "Oh, you only have a ....... and your carrying ........ so I guess we are all screwed"

twotonevert:238941 said:
I agree with Daniel, funny but true. Seriously, where do we get the cookies?

They are in the kitchen. Inside the tupperware, the same tupperware your glock came in. :)

And wow are navy guys touchy.

I sometimes carry a Beretta 85 FS in .380 (in fact, it is what is with me now). When the safety is engaged, the hammer drops to half cock and the trigger is disconnected. In the extremely unlikely event that the safety does disengage all by itself (it really snaps into place), one still has to overcome a rather hefty double action pull to fire the pistol. The pull is much higher than the 5.5# Glock, approaching that of my Smith & Wesson M-36. I carry it in a shirt that has a pocket for a pistol, and sometimes in an interior pocket in my coat. There is no room for a holster, not even a Nemisis (which I prefer for pocket carry, btw). Words like ALWAYS and NEVER are usually not accurate, and I often tend to dismiss the advice of those that use them. While one USUALLY should not carry without a holster, there are SOME times when one can carry without one if they know what they are doing.

Would someone please get it into their head,
when averring "I prefer ......... instead!"
While convictions for Glocks
seem as solid as rocks,
other weapons can make you just as dead.

Just sayin'.

GG

I love glocks!!!

Took a Glock 31 (.357) to a tactical course and ran 2000+ rounds thru her, and not one hiccup, not one at all. Can't say that for my Sig or Kimber. It's not pretty with all that nickel plate stuff! It's cheap, plastic and ugly! IT WORKS!!

It's like a car that always starts. Ever had one of those??

ricardo900:239269 said:
Took a Glock 31 (.357) to a tactical course and ran 2000+ rounds thru her, and not one hiccup, not one at all. Can't say that for my Sig or Kimber. It's not pretty with all that nickel plate stuff! It's cheap, plastic and ugly! IT WORKS!!

It's like a car that always starts. Ever had one of those??

Unfortunately no.

I sometimes carry a Beretta 85 FS in .380 (in fact, it is what is with me now). When the safety is engaged, the hammer drops to half cock and the trigger is disconnected. In the extremely unlikely event that the safety does disengage all by itself (it really snaps into place), one still has to overcome a rather hefty double action pull to fire the pistol. The pull is much higher than the 5.5# Glock, approaching that of my Smith & Wesson M-36. I carry it in a shirt that has a pocket for a pistol, and sometimes in an interior pocket in my coat. There is no room for a holster, not even a Nemisis (which I prefer for pocket carry, btw). Words like ALWAYS and NEVER are usually not accurate, and I often tend to dismiss the advice of those that use them. While one USUALLY should not carry without a holster, there are SOME times when one can carry without one if they know what they are doing.

carrying a gun in your pocket, with no holster, is an accident looking for a place to happen.

Cant use a glock

Im a lefty and even after I explain that the mag release pokes me in the hand the saleman STILL tries to sell me a glock. It always takes me holding a glock and showing the,that I am not holding it wrong to get them to get off it. Plus, I just think they are ugly.

I've had many autos, including Glocks. IMO they all shoot well, I simply prefer single action only.

AGRIP - Just FYI, I am a lefty and have a G26 Gen4. Mag release is ambidextrous so it shouldn't be a problem. Can't help you with the "ugly" part.

Im a lefty and even after I explain that the mag release pokes me in the hand the saleman STILL tries to sell me a glock. It always takes me holding a glock and showing the,that I am not holding it wrong to get them to get off it. Plus, I just think they are ugly.

I'm a lefty. I operate the mag release with my trigger finger. I also carve the corners of the mag release with a pocket knife

I don't bash them I just don't like them ... I've shot them they aren't for me its that simple... why does it seem every glock owner I know acts like a car salesman or is it because they need to constantly justify their purchase? Again this isn't a bash some are quality and work well for some ... go ahead sing their praise just please stop trying to sell me on one.. and worry about who has tighter groupings....

I'm kind of like you, I have owned glocks in the past, the last one I gave to my sister, who just got into shooting about a year ago, they are a fine firearm, just not the style of firearm I prefer, i carry a 1911 45, when i first aquired this firearm, and fired it,I fell head over heels in love and havent looked back yet

What does it matter what other people think about what you do or don't carry? The individual shooter has to determine just what is comfortable for them to carry and fire. This is the same reason we have Chevys, Fords, and those worthless Dodges! LOL

When I joined the law enforcement comunity I owned a HK USP .45, and carried it on duty. Two years after I started my career I made the SWAT team and they issued the GLock 22 to all operators. My first thought was "great I'm forced to shoot a gun I dont like." After many hours on the range, and three years later, I'm happy to say that I carry Glock exclusively on and off duty. I'm very comfortable with my guns and feel that I can operate very profitiently in any environment.
I think it comes down to what your comfortable with and what you can shoot with the most confidence. I dont go around bragging about my Glocks, but if someone was to ask me about Glock I would definitly recommend them.

Wow I would like to have a glock 21 but can't afford one right now so the high point jhp 45 will do. Can I have a cookie too?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back