You own glocks... want a cookie?

Brand whores... :)

To motorcycle brand whores I say:

"It's not WHAT you ride, it's THAT you ride." Or sometimes just "Shut the f... up and ride."

So I guess to firearm brand whores I would say:

"It's not WHAT you carry it's THAT you carry." Or maybe simply "Shut the f... up and try not to print."

:)

I bought a Glock and a Mini 14, 9 years ago havn't shot either one yet. Have no opinion on the Glock as I haven't shot any, bought it from a retired DEA agent. He swore by it. I bought, because it was a good price and I figure it would fare well on my boat. Since sold boat. Maybe I will shoot it this year or maybe just trade it for a Sig P 238 SAS for the wife that she liked.

"want a cookie?"... then you start out by saying about not bashing Glock owners... haha.... oooooooook.

Well, I'll put me and my M1A1 tank up against your M&P 45 any day... haha. Is this a Jr High thread?

I don't bash them I just don't like them ... I've shot them they aren't for me its that simple... why does it seem every glock owner I know acts like a car salesman or is it because they need to constantly justify their purchase? Again this isn't a bash some are quality and work well for some ... go ahead sing their praise just please stop trying to sell me on one.. and worry about who has tighter groupings....
Ugly gun's. But they do fire dirty..Guess that is the best thing about them....I have one but then again I have a S&W I like better...Just purchased a Warthog that I'm impressed with...Have not fired it allot so I can not same about dependability...I say shoot and carry what your are comfortable with and like....If you have any gun you do not like it will not get used!

JrFreak:237974 said:
"want a cookie?"... then you start out by saying about not bashing Glock owners... haha.... oooooooook.

Incorrect I don't bash the guns... my problem is with a few owners I've had experiences with and I say few now that I've had a chance to hear from a few decent ones... to those I will say thanks..
Be safe aim true.....

See now, I am not like that! Probably because I don't own one ... lol ... I will sing praises for my XD9SC and try to sell you on buying THAT one ... ;-)

I believe he is referring to a 6 inch naval gun you find on a destroyer. 45 caliber not the .45 you find in a handgun.

I took a break from doing yard work and read EVERY post in this thread noting the deviations, the nuances, direct insults along with the more subtle shots as well as the completely random posts like this one. So, may I please get my flipp'n cookie?

I don't bash them I just don't like them ... I've shot them they aren't for me its that simple... why does it seem every glock owner I know acts like a car salesman or is it because they need to constantly justify their purchase? Again this isn't a bash some are quality and work well for some ... go ahead sing their praise just please stop trying to sell me on one.. and worry about who has tighter groupings....

I bought my Glock because of the reliability, plus it's a good shooter. However, I realize it isn't the only reliable, good-shooting handgun out there. To each his own.

Glocks and 1911s are polarizing pistols for some reason. I've shot both, like both, but 1911s (the ones I would want anyway) don't fit in my budget right now.

tuts40:238251 said:
I took a break from doing yard work and read EVERY post in this thread noting the deviations, the nuances, direct insults along with the more subtle shots as well as the completely random posts like this one. So, may I please get my flipp'n cookie?

Oh tuts lmfao ... .. maybe I should just go buy a glock just so i can keep all the cookies... ;-) they'd go good with my coffee bout now...

I'll have a mint oreo please. (my 2 black Glocks with 1 OD filling)

I will recommend them, but by all means I don't want to be that responsible for something as personal as a firearm. Like what you like! Chevy, Ford, Dodge, it's all good.

Ôóòáîëêè è ìà&

Ôóòáîëêè ñ ðèñóíêàìè è íàäïèñÿìè.
Ïðèêîëüíûå ôóòáîëêè è ìàéêè.
Äëÿ òåáÿ, äëÿ äðóçåé, äëÿ âñåõ.
Çàõîäè, âûáèðàé, ïîêóïàé.

I believe he is referring to a 6 inch naval gun you find on a destroyer. 45 caliber not the .45 you find in a handgun.
Actually, it's a Battleship gun. Put one on a Tin Can and you'd either roll the ship over or break the keel. And yes, it is 16"~ ID barrel that is 45 or 50 times the ID long. Most guns on ships now max out at 5"/62 Caliber. United States of America Naval Guns
WNUS_16-50_mk7_Iowa_pic.jpg

Be careful tho when rotating with the Glock in your pocket, they are known for "going off" whenever they feel they want! Seriously tho, because of the trigger safety, I'm told, a Glock or similar gun is less likely to be negligently discharged in a pocket or elsewhere than a revolver. Would that be a fair statement?

No. A Glock should not be carried in anything other than a holster. There really is no "trigger safety" on a glock, just a little lever that needs to be pushed back with no effort what so ever. After that, it is five pounds and boom. Granted, this cannot happen unless the trigger is pulled back somehow, so I don't worry about this being a common occurence. It is not. I am more worried about the pistol being fired by something that I snagged against with it in my pocket. This is far less likely with a revolver and its 11+ pound trigger pull, or a pistol that has a real safety that can be engaged to block the trigger and / or hammer.

No. A Glock should not be carried in anything other than a holster. There really is no "trigger safety" on a glock, just a little lever that needs to be pushed back with no effort what so ever. After that, it is five pounds and boom. Granted, this cannot happen unless the trigger is pulled back somehow, so I don't worry about this being a common occurence. It is not. I am more worried about the pistol being fired by something that I snagged against with it in my pocket. This is far less likely with a revolver and its 11+ pound trigger pull, or a pistol that has a real safety that can be engaged to block the trigger and / or hammer.

A safety is a mechanical device, which should never be used as a substitute for safe firearms handling. Use it, but NEVER trust it to prevent a firearm from firing. Mechanical devices (like the safety on a firearm) can fail, and have failed in the past.

As I stated in an earlier post, ANY handgun carried for self defense should be in a good quality holster. Doesn't matter who makes the gun, ALWAYS use a holster when carrying a handgun to prevent negligent discharges.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back