Customs, he took a few minutes to locate
his passport in his carry on. 'You have
been to France before, monsieur?' the
customs officer asked sarcastically.
Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to
France previously. Then you should
know enough to have your passport ready.'
The American said, ''The last time I was
here, I didn't have to show it. 'Impossible.
Americans always have to show your
passports on arrival in France !' The American
senior gave the Frenchman a long hard
look. Then he quietly explained, ''Well,
when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day
in 1944 to help liberate this country,
I couldn't find a single Frenchmen to show
a passport to.'
You could have heard a pin drop.

Yeh, and I bet the Frenchmans asshole puckered up!
I think I used "asshole" as a noun not an adjective, right; is this ok? I was never good in English.

Yeh, and I bet the Frenchmans asshole puckered up!
I think I used "asshole" as a noun not an adjective, right; is this ok? I was never good in English.

Well, you could have said 'anal sphincter' but then you'd be referring to the whole Frenchman.

Here's a bit more

Here's a copy of a post I picked up a while back from the Armed Canadian.

You Could Hear a Pin Drop...

from Armed Canadian by The Armed Canadian

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

Then there was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break one of the French engineers came back into the room saying: "Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims. What does he intended to do, bomb them?".

A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: 'Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency electrical power to shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from their flight deck. We have eleven such ships; how many does France have?'

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the U.S, English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of officers that included personnel from most of those countries.

Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, "whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English."

He then asked, "Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?"

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied "Maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German."

A group of Americans, retired teachers, recently went to France on a tour. Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on.

"You have been to France before , monsieur?" the customs officer asked sarcastically.

Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously. "Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."

The American said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."

"Impossible. Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France!"

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained, "Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in '44 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to show it to."

And finally...

What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of "up to, and including his life."

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Modern French, particularly Parisians simply have no respect for Americans anymore. Of course there are the exceptions, but during my last trip to Paris they were rude to me and I was rude right back. At one point my cousin (who is French) and I were suddenly told to get out of a cab half way to our destination because we had the audacity to speak English to one another. So I say "F" the French, without American intervention they would practically be Germans by now. My God, we saved these people's country and cultural identity during two wars, and they have the nerve to treat me like dirt because my French accent isn't flawless. Sarkozy is the only straight-shooter they have over there these days...

Good for you Robert Whiting for standing up to those Franco customs idiots, say'n you need to have your passport ready. I say take your time getting that passport out, take all damn day- cause no one is lazier or more ungrateful than a frenchman.

What is it that the British General says in Last of the Mohicans... "the French haven't the nature for war. Their Gallic laziness combines with their Latinate voluptuousness with the result that they would rather eat and make love with their faces than fight."

I agree with you 100% but you have to realize who you are dealing with. Most of the countries over there have been populated for 2000 years. Most of them have pretty much been at war for 2000 years also. They are burned out. We are the new kids on the block. We are only 230 years old. We are full of life and willing to kick some butt. Don't get me wrong, I am not sticking up for them but imagine being at war with Mexico and Canada for 2000 years. That's how close everything is over there. It would grow tiring.

We do not care what they say but we also do not want them to fall either. So here we are, the youngsters taking care of the pissed off grand parents bitching about the younger generation.

Piss on the French! Their idea of a salute is to raise both hands over their head in surrender. If it were not for hte USA they would all be speaking German. SEMPER FI

I was in France 4 or 5 years ago and had heard all the stories of how rude they were particularly to Americans and particularly in Paris. I was amazed when I got nothing but nice treatment and helpful people particularly in Paris (with one exception, a subway ticket taker but that's not unusual anywhere). As my wife and I wandered around with our map trying to figure out where we were and how to get to where we were going, multiple times we had people come up to us and offer to help. I was most impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the folks in Paris.

a friend of mine was hosting a french foreign exchange student a couple years ago. when I asked him why the french seem to have a wild hair up their butt when it comes to americans he said that those people are usually found in paris.. and he also said that the rest of france thinks that people in paris are idiots too.

although I do have to agree that most of the french people I have come across are rude and stuck up. there were the few that acted like real people, but as for most of them... grow some balls!

Man I would love to shake this man's hand! And boy would I love to have been there to see the look on that snobs face.:laugh:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back