Yes Illinois!!!

This is going to be an on going battle, because Quinn will be dreaming up all kinds of new crap for the next session. We have to stay in our Senators and Reps faces on this.

Ok slap yourself on the back and maybe lift one tonight but be ready because gov jello and the chiraq boys will not give up. So be ready for round two.

I have a lot of family and friends who live in Illinois who have been waiting for a VERY long time for this. When they get it all sorted out and start the classes there will most likely be a line to get into the classes that will stretch around the block and then the wait for the card itself will be a while also. I do not think I will apply there because they want $300 for a non-resident and I do not want to give that state my hard earned money so they can waste it!

I have a lot of family and friends who live in Illinois who have been waiting for a VERY long time for this. When they get it all sorted out and start the classes there will most likely be a line to get into the classes that will stretch around the block and then the wait for the card itself will be a while also. I do not think I will apply there because they want $300 for a non-resident and I do not want to give that state my hard earned money so they can waste it!

I've had an easier solution... I don't visit either, therefore I don't need a permit from them. When I've gone vacationing across America, IL never seems to make it on the list of places to see.

I'm happy for your friends and family and hope they continue to fight the good fight, since their governor will not end this fight.

Their law still blows but it is much better than they had. I congratulate them for overcoming odds I never thought I would see in that state.

Now Illinois needs to set up reciprocity with other states and also allow non-resident permits.

:dirol:

It's a start and congrats. Just now wondering how onerous it'll be. AND ya think taxes are high there???? What are permit fees going to be and how many hoops do you have to jump through?

Now Illinois needs to set up reciprocity with other states and also allow non-resident permits.

:dirol:

As someone who holds an Arkansas CCHL which is good in 40 states and every state I go to or through with the single exception of ILL.... I sure hope it's soon. I carry every minute of every day unless I'm at work or in bed and it pisses me off to disarm and make my legal carry non-operable and locked in a case to travel through ILL which I do frequently traveling from AR to IN.

As someone who holds an Arkansas CCHL which is good in 40 states and every state I go to or through with the single exception of ILL.... I sure hope it's soon. I carry every minute of every day unless I'm at work or in bed and it pisses me off to disarm and make my legal carry non-operable and locked in a case to travel through ILL which I do frequently traveling from AR to IN.

according to the national right to carry act anyone with a valid state issued permit can carry in any state that issues conceal carry permits, does this go for Illinois too??

Note, that unlike a lot of the anti-gun states, the new IL law does not prohibit carry in places selling alcohol. Those anti-gunner states should take note.

according to the national right to carry act anyone with a valid state issued permit can carry in any state that issues conceal carry permits, does this go for Illinois too??

The bill you are referring to has not yet made it through the Senate much less signed by the POTUS. S. 2188 passed the House in March 2012 and has not seem much traction since.

Note, that unlike a lot of the anti-gun states, the new IL law does not prohibit carry in places selling alcohol. Those anti-gunner states should take note.

From a site reporting on the Illinois Conceal Carry Law.

On Tuesday, Illinois became the 50th state to enact concealed-carry legislation. The Illinois law allows concealed guns on private property and places of work and worship unless property owners post signage that indicates otherwise; it prohibits guns in schools, parks, child care facilities, government buildings, public transportation, and establishments where the majority of revenue comes from alcohol sales, among other places.

From a site reporting on the Illinois Conceal Carry Law.

On Tuesday, Illinois became the 50th state to enact concealed-carry legislation. The Illinois law allows concealed guns on private property and places of work and worship unless property owners post signage that indicates otherwise; it prohibits guns in schools, parks, child care facilities, government buildings, public transportation, and establishments where the majority of revenue comes from alcohol sales, among other places.

I had read otherwise, but after doing some research it appears you are correct.

That needs to be changed. Either the state should not grant a permit to a person it thinks is irresponsible or allow the person to carry everywhere. Illinois has adopted a "must issue" position, and thus it believes it need to micro-manage permit holders, just like a lot of other anti-gun states with a similar laws.

WE have a CCW law, is it the best no. But it is a historical law, in that they had to honor carry. Now we will pressure and try to reform it.

From what I read on the Illinois Carry bill, Illinois will NOT honor, recognize or allow anyone with a out of state CCL to carry. Illinois will only allow or honos the Illinois CCL. From how much training Illinois is demanding and the cost of a non resident CCL they are trying to make it as hard as they can to get one. Besides Illinois is broke so they want to raise revenue. The best thing that I see in the bill is Illinois in now a "shall issue" state. I really never thought IL would do that. But as I said IL is broke so they want to raise revenue!!

I was born and raised in Illinois so I believe I know how the lib-o-rats think!

Scary Waiver!

I have read the law. After considering the 26 places you won't be allowed to carry - I wonder where you can. If I were wanting to carry I would certainly want to do so in parks and public transit.

The thing that would really scare the hell out of me is the provision in Sec. 25(c) which requires the applicant to WAIVE ALL PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES UNDER ALL FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS.

In view of the above and the $300.00 non-resident fee and the fact that I only drive THROUGH Cook County I think I'll pass on getting an Illinois permit. I would think that neighboring states will have reciprocity soon.

David W. Barrow III, J.D.

Actually Illinois has "safe passage" which allows an out-of-state permit holder to remain armed while driving through the state. If you stop you MUST immediately unload your firearm and store it securely (I THINK the glove box or center console will do).

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back