XDS owners return of XDS

Zab

springfield armory notified me of return of my XDS after recall. Your items have shipped and a copy of the invoice .it says it will arive tuesday 10/22/13
also Springfield said they were enclosing an extended mag which was on the invoice . I sent this xds in for the recall on 8/29/2013

Mine shows "fixed" as it's status, but I haven't received shipping notice yet. Perhaps Monday with a Wed delivery.

Last time I did an RMA with Springfield (a magazine) I got the 'invoice' with shipping notice the same day the package was left on my porch.

Zab, please give your assessment of the trigger pull/feel/break? Mine won't be back for a bit, and I need some range time before flying-off to a training academy with it.

Guns America review of the upgraded XD-S

Zab, please give your assessment of the trigger pull/feel/break? Mine won't be back for a bit, and I need some range time before flying-off to a training academy with it.

Guns America did a review of the upgraded XD-S's. They began by noting that this is the first time that Springfield has EVER had to recall a firearm. They also said that the upgrade only adds about a half-pound to the trigger pull, and their review also indicates that the upgraded guns are actually more accurate.

"...Springfield has never had a recall on any of their guns...For me, as an XD-S devotee, I have to ask the question, “why should I send the gun in when there is nothing wrong it from what I can tell?” From my initial tests, this modification to the gun is an actual upgrade. I shot it better... the trigger pull is slightly smoother, slightly heavier, and everyone who has tested the upgraded gun says that they shoot the XD-S better with the upgrade, and that it is more accurate as a result.

It's worth reading the review.

Springfield Armory XD-S Recall ? Update & Review of Upgraded Guns

I just sent mine off oct. 11 however when I called them before I mailed it. I requested an extended magazine for my loss of use.

Well I just got it back haven't shot it yet . but dry fire slight increase in pull and crisp break . they say about a half pound which seems about right . Take care hope you get yours soon .

Here is the video Springfield posted with their latest FAQ update:

[video=youtube;YvVpkEutlCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YvVpkEutlCw[/video]

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back