Xds 45

swidener

Hello, it's been awhile since I've posted so please forgive me if there are existing threads on this subject. How many out there carry the XDS 45 as their primary? I just purchased another new one (post recall) and haven't had any issues as of yet and really like it. Then again, I didn't have any issues with the first one either and not sure why I sold it to begin with. One question I do have though is that these pistols do not like you to sling shot the slide when chambering and only seem to function correctly when disengaging the slide release when chambering a round and slam it home. I assume this is the case with others out there and considered "normal" functionality? Lastly, I am looking for a good, leather OWB holster and would like to see what you all would recommend.

swindener, it's funny that I found just the opposite. When using the slide release, I experienced several times where the slide would not completely go into battery. However, racking it fed flawlessly each time. The people at Springfield seem to agree with you, but the rack method works for me, so I will stay with it.

Your new purchase does have a visible roll pin on the grip safety, right? It is just about the only thing that visually differentiates the pre-recall gun from the modified one.

Swindener, my XDS45 did the same as yours at first. However after 500 rounds or so it improved and I have not had an issue with it since. Must have just needed some break in time.

The DeSantis thumb break mini slide is a nice way to go. Forward cant, tensioner screw, nice overall feel, balanced in a way that doesn't cause the pants to sag.

Link Removed

swindener, it's funny that I found just the opposite. When using the slide release, I experienced several times where the slide would not completely go into battery. However, racking it fed flawlessly each time. The people at Springfield seem to agree with you, but the rack method works for me, so I will stay with it.

Your new purchase does have a visible roll pin on the grip safety, right? It is just about the only thing that visually differentiates the pre-recall gun from the modified one.

That is interesting, maybe mine just needs more break-in time. I haven't experienced it not going into full battery though...
Yep, it does have the roll pin. Since it was brand new I'm not sure if it was one that was sent back and repaired or if it was manufactured like that....not that it matters though as long as its been upgraded. :)

First what do you mean by"sling shot" I took mine out New Years Day and ran 150 rounds thru it had a couple of stove pipes most problems was it not going back into battery I couldn't get a double tap out of it to save my life.
I haven't sent it back in for the recall because of the back log when the turn around gets to two weeks I will then. I like it for a pistol this size and Cal. it is nice to shoot even with 230 FMJ ball

My XDs would dent the heck out of the top round. Gun worked very well but ended up selling it because it bothered me that the magazine was almost too tight to load to capacity without the issue.

I love mines, and when I got my back I did rack the slide by hand once and it work but I normally let the slide lock back after the last rounds, before I sent it back I had 2000+ rounds through it and now since I got it back I've only put about 150-200 rounds in it and still work great. I might go out again tomorrow and put some more rounds through it, I'm trying it out before I will put it back in my rotation with my G19 but so far it's still working flawlessly.

I like my XDS 45 but have not seen it in 2 months sent it in for recall I never had a problem with it. Its my main carry and back it up with a S&W 642 now the 642 is the main carry. Should get my XDS back any day. Quit carrying the 1911 to heavy also my XDS has less recoil.

I shot my father-in-law's XDS 45 two weekends ago. After the first magazine, I didn't fire it again. The recoil combined with the grip texture was hurting my hand.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back