XDM 4.5 or compact?

RockinAJ

Just applied for my Montana CCW.
I'm getting an Xdm in a 40 but not sure what size. I've shot the full sized 9 and loved it!
I understand the concept that a bigger pistol is easier to shoot, but what about to carry?
The barrel length is only .7 of an inch difference and then the full sized grip...
How could I conceal the full sized pistol? How much easier would the compact be to conceal?

I carry a compact G30, and it is wonderful, I carry it in a uncle mikes IWB, or when I do OWB, I use a blackhawk serpa

Just applied for my Montana CCW.
I'm getting an Xdm in a 40 but not sure what size. I've shot the full sized 9 and loved it!
I understand the concept that a bigger pistol is easier to shoot, but what about to carry?
The barrel length is only .7 of an inch difference and then the full sized grip...
How could I conceal the full sized pistol? How much easier would the compact be to conceal?

I find that on the XDm the barrel length isn't the problem when trying to conceal it....the problem is with the grip length being it holds 16 in the magazine which is great for capacity...but it always seems a little long to conceal (it prints)...open carry...no problem...I just have others that I find more comfortable to carry and that's what it is about...that being said you will have a hard time finding a better shooter...and the price is great...so it might be worth trying to "dress" around it.

the problem is not your XDM printing. That is you not using the proper holster, get a crossbreed holster
and your problem is gone.

the problem is not your XDM printing. That is you not using the proper holster, get a crossbreed holster
and your problem is gone.

Or it might be that the XDm grip length is 3/4 of an inch longer...than most other 40 cal's

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back