Xd-m

{TEX}Hawaii((

The XD-M seems like a nice pistol? Does anyone have any experience with this specific model? My brother in law is a big XD guy where I like the Glocks....but 19+1 and a match barrel seems pretty good.

I'd Like to know, Too

There are two guns on my wish wall.... First was the XD-M 40. I thought they were in the $650 range.
Then the 2nd auto was a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II with a 4" Barrel. What, about $1100. Quite a price difference. Thoughts?

There are two guns on my wish wall.... First was the XD-M 40. I thought they were in the $650 range.
Then the 2nd auto was a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II with a 4" Barrel. What, about $1100. Quite a price difference. Thoughts?
this is ALLL about preference. here is MY experience with kimbers. my uncle let me barrow one for a camping trip once...i think it was the tatical pro 2 sub compact...or something to that effect. i freakin loved it. i had a leg holster for it and it was just knock down stoping power. $1200...now here is the kicker...i have NEVER had a gun jam more than that gun. now i know what your thinking... " well then there was a flaw in the gun " that is exactly what i thought...so i broke it down and cleaned the $&!% out of it. still happened. so i switched to the best ammo that i could buy...and still..stove pipe..out of battery...always something. so one day i was at the range with the kimber and there was an off duty officer there with a VERY nice kimber. i told him aobut my problems with the gun and he immediatly understood what i was talking about. he said that his acted the same way. and so far...every time i see a kimber fired at the range it jams at least once. now please dont get me wrong. kimber makes a great gun...other wise no one would pay the retarted prices. the only conclusion that i can reach is that everyone one of the kimbers that i have seen at the range jam must have been very new and still working all of that out. also on the camping trip that i took it on the gun developed rust spots with in two days. it came off easly with some nitro solvent but in my opinion it shouldnt have happened in the first place...this all leads to why i have the FN fiveseven...they cost the same amount and the fiveseven's exterior is all pollymer...perfect gun for the long haul :big_boss:

... NEVER had a gun jam more than that gun.
I have not heard of an mechanical issues with any of the Kimber line. But for any weapon over a $1k you'd expect it to be flewless at all times.

... gun developed rust spots with in two days. it came off easly with some nitro solvent but in my opinion it shouldnt have happened in the first place...
From Time to time I carry MOB. That is a certain rust generator.

Thank you for your thoughts and time.

I sold my XD40 to a coworker and bought the XDM40. I liked the XD but decided to get the extra capacity while I still can. Last weekend, I added a XDM9 to the collection. Both are excellent pistols.

As for deciding between a XDM and the Kimber, it would depend on my budget and intended use.

The Kimber is an awesome pistol and would be much easier to conceal than the XDM's, which only come in full size at this time.

For competition, I'd prefer the XDM.

As for the FN 5.7, it's a nice pistol and holds a lot of ammo, but that ammo is quite pricey and sometimes hard to find.

I'm a 1911 kinda guy and I don't quite know how to say this but... I just bought a 9mm XDm!

Like all the guns of this type, the trigger is kinda long but surprisingly smooth. Not as crisp as I would like at let off but still pretty nice. It's accurate and as you said, 19 +1!

I guess I just had to have one hi-cap in the collection. :wink:

i just got a xdm 40sw good shooter.16+1 also /next wek the xdm in 9mm.buy before its too late.:big_boss:

Range report - my XDm-9 is shooting 2" high at 10 yards with 115 gr. FMJ ammo. It's still an awesome pistol, but I'll be sending it back to get fine tuned.

This months issue (02/09) of "Guns & Ammo" Mag came in today. Nice spread on the XD-M/9 to read. It even has pictures I might understand.... :help:

The XD-M has:
  • Increased ammo capacity, 16 round mags for .40 S&W and 19 round mags for 9mm.
  • Match barrel, supposed to improve accuracy by 20%, but I haven't seen any hard data on this.
  • Different sights.
  • Interchangeable grip backstraps to fine tune the fit to your hand.
  • Ability to field strip without having to pull the trigger prior to taking the slide off.
  • New grip texture pattern for improved grip, 30% less tendency for the gun to twist in your hand.
  • More slots in the forward rail for attachment mounting.
  • Shorter trigger reset distance.
  • Different slide profile.
  • Different slide serrations for improved grasp while cycling.
  • A melonite finish.

I think that's all, but the barrel may be slightly longer. Not sure about that one.

Tattedupboy Wrote:

The XD-M does come in .40. Here is the link....index (click on Specs and then .40 S&W)

I know that the XD is available in a .40 caliber. What I meant by my last comment is that if they would develop a .40 or .45 cal with a 19 round magazine, I'd be interested.

I have the XD-45, with 13 round magazines and only a grip safety and a Glock-type trigger safety. I think if they packed another 6 rounds in the magazine, I would not be able to hold it. lol. 13+1 is plenty for me, especially if I carry two spare mags, giving me a total amount of ammo of 40 rounds. They say most gunfights involve only about 4-5 rounds. My gun can't be sold in California, and there is even a sticker on the case to that effect. California requires 10 round mags. My XD also has no frame mounted safety (they do make an XD with this feature). I like the idea of being able to bring the weapon into action without having to remember to sweep a safety off or thumb back the hammer. It is like using the Smith & Wesson revolver I once used, pull, aim and pull the trigger. I love this weapon.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back