XD 45 Range report

KimberPB

I put 300 rounds through my new service size XD 45 this weekend. It functioned flawlessly! First I went to the range Friday night and put 100 rounds through it. It was very accurate and with it being a larger firearm the felt recoil seemed much less then my ultra CDP. I even loaded up three 13 round mags, mag dumped, reload, and repeated twice without any issues. The trigger is not a Kimber trigger but was still smooth and crisp. Just more pre-travel and longer reset. I was very happy with it so I used it in a 200 round defensive shooting class the following day. Having twice as many rounds as the Kimber was a hugh plus when engaging multiple targets. The pistol performed great through all the drills and I was very happy with my shooting. Those paper BG didn't stand a chance. lol. I'm still going to use the CDP as my carry gun but the XD is going to be a great training/night stand gun.

Very manageable recoil
Accurate

Dislike:
It'd be nice if it came from the factory with a little less pre-travel and shorter reset. But then again I got a little spoiled shooting the Kimber.

Changes I'll make:
Night sites or the XS big dot sights.
Springer trigger kit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back