X-mas gift came early. New Coffee maker..

Sorry, Guys for interupting your conversation but unless that 100% Kona is being drank at Bad Ass Coffee Company on Alii Drive in Kailua-Kona, (Overlooking the Ocean) It's just...... coffee.....

I don't find anything particularly special about "Bad Ass Coffee" other than the fact that they have the sacks to use a name like "Bad Ass", but then again, that has nothing to do with the coffee. :wink: Any coffee from a reputable source in Kona is excellent coffee. That Alii Drive scene that you mention is HIGHLY over-rated.

gf

I don't find anything particularly special about "Bad Ass Coffee" other than the fact that they have the sacks to use a name like "Bad Ass", but then again, that has nothing to do with the coffee. :wink: Any coffee from a reputable source in Kona is excellent coffee. That Alii Drive scene that you mention is HIGHLY over-rated.

gf

Even if it comes from an animal's poop? :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad:

The poop thing (whether myth or truth) involves coffee berries eaten by a South American varmint. Kona and Jamaican Blue Mountain get their great flavor from excellent growing conditions (both weather and soil).

So the poop thing IS just a myth?

It's real in places like SE Asia. Andrew Zimmern did a segment on his television show "Bizzare Foods". They showed the Civet Cat in the trees eating the coffee beans. So to answer your question, it's true for coffee out of SE Asia.

gf

It's real in places like SE Asia. Andrew Zimmern did a segment on his television show "Bizzare Foods". They showed the Civet Cat in the trees eating the coffee beans. So to answer your question, it's true for coffee out of SE Asia.

gf

Thanks. I couldn't remember the right animal, or the right continent apparently.

Good. They can have their poop coffee and their dog meat cuisine.

I've eaten dog meat before. Not my first choice in gourmet quisine, but it's not as bad as folks make it out to be. BTW, there are a lot of "dog eating" people who live here in PRHI. I'm not one of them, just tasted it a couple of times, once while serving in South Korea, another time on TDY in Vietnam.

gf

I've eaten dog meat before. Not my first choice in gourmet quisine, but it's not as bad as folks make it out to be. BTW, there are a lot of "dog eating" people who live here in PRHI. I'm not one of them, just tasted it a couple of times, once while serving in South Korea, another time on TDY in Vietnam.

gf

Whatever you say. I'll stick with good old fashioned American cuisine and every once in a while drink coffee ground from coffee beans, and not the feces of a civet.

Tatt,
They just use the civet's digestive system to remove the meaty pulp of the berry from the "bean". Then the beans are cleaned and roasted just like beans that have had the pulp removed through other, more conventional methods. Enzymes in the civet's system break down certain chemicals (acids or alkyloids, but I don't remember which) resulting in a less bitter coffee. By comparison, a method for removing caffiene for cheaper decaf coffee used to involve the use of chemicals like Methylene Chloride, a common paint stripper or carburetor cleaner at the time. Kopi Luwak (Civet Coffee) Online Shop - Kopi Luwak is The Rarest Gourmet Coffee in The World

oh come on.....:fie:..who cares why they're doing it, its coffee beans out of a cats ASS:help:I mean if you really wanna be my guest :wacko:
and as for dog meat.......I'll stick to the good ole beef-burger thank you very much:biggrin:

Tatt,
They just use the civet's digestive system to remove the meaty pulp of the berry from the "bean". Then the beans are cleaned and roasted just like beans that have had the pulp removed through other, more conventional methods. Enzymes in the civet's system break down certain chemicals (acids or alkyloids, but I don't remember which) resulting in a less bitter coffee. By comparison, a method for removing caffiene for cheaper decaf coffee used to involve the use of chemicals like Methylene Chloride, a common paint stripper or carburetor cleaner at the time. Kopi Luwak (Civet Coffee) Online Shop - Kopi Luwak is The Rarest Gourmet Coffee in The World

I appreciate your attempt to make the process seem less disgusting, but don't expect me to be drinking this stuff any time soon.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back