X-mas gift came early. New Coffee maker..

The 100% Kona Coffee is kind of pricey. The 10% blends run around $3 -$5 when I buy them on base. I don't drink much coffee other than Starbuck's, and when I do, it's usually an "Iced Venti Thai" coffee.

I have a nice stock of coffee on hand (usually buy a bunch of bags when they're on sale) if you would like more.

gf

As odd as this may seem i have never had StarBucks coffee. For the most part it's because there is none around me have to drive about a hour to get some. I also think when they closed down some stores they closed one or two of them in my state. I think walmart was selling it i will have to pick a bag up and try it. Is any kind better then another one? Right now i have been drinking the 100% Kona as it's really good lol, As well as my D&D french vanilla as well as Swiss Miss hot coco and when i can find it for sale at D&D. I buy and drink the D&D Hot coco it's just so rich and creamy it's so good.

As odd as this may seem i have never had StarBucks coffee. For the most part it's because there is none around me have to drive about a hour to get some. I also think when they closed down some stores they closed one or two of them in my state. I think walmart was selling it i will have to pick a bag up and try it. Is any kind better then another one? Right now i have been drinking the 100% Kona as it's really good lol, As well as my D&D french vanilla as well as Swiss Miss hot coco and when i can find it for sale at D&D. I buy and drink the D&D Hot coco it's just so rich and creamy it's so good.

I drink mine black right out of the pot. Starbucks... Kenya, Sumatra are a couple of my favs.. I also like the Christmas blend that is available this time of year. Pretty much any of the Starbucks coffees are pretty darn good. A little pricey though.

Neither have I. I'm not exactly a coffee connoisseur. Straight from the coffee maker is just how I like it.

Xmas gift

Kona is fantastic coffee, the volcanic soil imparts a magic to the coffee. I have a grinder and grind my own. You profess to love coffee so much, but grinding your beans is too much work, and then you doctor your brew. From the moment you grind coffee it begins to lose flavor, then you go and turn it into liquid candy ugh. When I was 19, I doctored my coffee, then went to work in the oilfield in New Mexico. First off, creamer did not keep very well in temps approaching 130 degrees near a night lighter, and then the other guys ribbed you about using sugar. I soon discovered that I dearly love my coffee three ways, hot, black and lots. Taking a sip, I raise my cup to your health, Enjoy.

The best kind of coffee is the kind you can get in large quantities.

Dunno about this statement. I recall the substance that the Army tried to pass off as "coffee" back in the day was abundant as well as pretty nasty. :bad:

gf

OK, obviously the best coffee actually has to BE coffee. I stand by my statement. The best COFFEE is the kind I can get in abundance. I prepare quad shots of espresso, and use a 24 ounce mug for regular, black coffee. A normal summer day includes 2, 12-cup pots of coffee. In cooler weather, I'll drink an extra pot or more.

(glad my blood pressure has always been low) :rolleyes:

OK, obviously the best coffee actually has to BE coffee. I stand by my statement. The best COFFEE is the kind I can get in abundance. I prepare quad shots of espresso, and use a 24 ounce mug for regular, black coffee. A normal summer day includes 2, 12-cup pots of coffee. In cooler weather, I'll drink an extra pot or more.

(glad my blood pressure has always been low) :rolleyes:

This sounds a lot like my father's boss. My father's boss just recently CUT DOWN to 40 cups a day and 2 and a half packs of cigarettes.

Good mother of GOD. two 12 pots of coffee and 3 in the winter. Who do you keep from blasting off and going road runner? I drink one to two cups and I'm good for most of the day. Till i start to come down off it then i feel really sleepy. I saw on the news a while back some guy ended up in the ER for drinking like eight double shots at a star bucks.

I do not know the name of it maybe someone can help. There is this coffee that's like 1k a bag or something it's said to be the best in the world. Some cat eats the coffee beans and then craps them out and they pick them up and make coffee with them. Has any one ever had this coffee?:confused::confused:

I found it's called KOPI Luwak coffee and it's 75 dollars a pound. here is a little about it and a photo of it..

Kopi Luwak, is very expensive, and is made from coffee beans passed through the digestive system of an Indonesian animal, but it's more like a cat than a monkey. According to a feature article by the Manila Coffee House, which sells the stuff, the people who harvest the digested beans don't really have to pick through cat litter to get it. The animal processes the beans and excretes them whole, unscratched, and without dung.

The animal is a palm civet, a dark brown tree-dwelling cat-like creature found throughout Southeast Asia. The scientific name is paradoxurus hermaphroditus.

According to the Manila Coffee House, the palm civet just happens to like to ingest the ripest and reddest coffee beans, which also happen to be the ones best for brewing. The cat eats the outer covering of the beans in the same way that is accomplished by de-pulping machines. Something happens to the beans in the journey through the cat's intestines that gives it a flavor that is celebrated by coffee drinkers.

Now I am not that concerned with fashion to drink crapped out coffee, and I cant wait personally to hear people say how great it is. IT IS CRAPPED OUT OF A CAT.
Maybe i will feed popcorn to the little kitty next door and sieve it out of his cat box and market it as gourmet popcorn.

Link Removed

Not that i like to drink things that come out of another living things. But i really want to try this as it's said to be the best in the WORLD. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I do not know the name of it maybe someone can help. There is this coffee that's like 1k a bag or something it's said to be the best in the world. Some cat eats the coffee beans and then craps them out and they pick them up and make coffee with them. Has any one ever had this coffee?:confused::confused:

I found it's called KOPI Luwak coffee and it's 75 dollars a pound. here is a little about it and a photo of it..

Kopi Luwak, is very expensive, and is made from coffee beans passed through the digestive system of an Indonesian animal, but it's more like a cat than a monkey. According to a feature article by the Manila Coffee House, which sells the stuff, the people who harvest the digested beans don't really have to pick through cat litter to get it. The animal processes the beans and excretes them whole, unscratched, and without dung.

The animal is a palm civet, a dark brown tree-dwelling cat-like creature found throughout Southeast Asia. The scientific name is paradoxurus hermaphroditus.

According to the Manila Coffee House, the palm civet just happens to like to ingest the ripest and reddest coffee beans, which also happen to be the ones best for brewing. The cat eats the outer covering of the beans in the same way that is accomplished by de-pulping machines. Something happens to the beans in the journey through the cat's intestines that gives it a flavor that is celebrated by coffee drinkers.

Now I am not that concerned with fashion to drink crapped out coffee, and I cant wait personally to hear people say how great it is. IT IS CRAPPED OUT OF A CAT.
Maybe i will feed popcorn to the little kitty next door and sieve it out of his cat box and market it as gourmet popcorn.

Link Removed

Not that i like to drink things that come out of another living things. But i really want to try this as it's said to be the best in the WORLD. What do you guys think?

I saw an episode of "Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern". He was in SE Asia and had a cup of this coffee. They showed video of the cat and he talked about the flavor of the coffee being "rich and nutty". I had to laugh as this is the same way "Austin Powers" described the taste of "Fat Bastard's" stool sample in the movie. :haha: :lol:

Not sure if I'll be trying this coffee anytime soon. The thought of consuming another animals fecal matter is a little to "bizzare" for me. :bad:

gf

Makes me wonder how the practice of making coffee our of civet cat fecal matter began in the first place. Imagine a pair like in the movie "Dumb and Dumber", or "Cheech and Chong". It would be something like "Hey man, we need coffee. I can't reach them beans up on the top of the trees. Oh, look what I found here, and they're already skinned! Let's roast them up and see how it tastes." [several hours later] "Mmmm, this is the best batch of coffee yet. Very rich and nutty!" :lol:

gf

Link Removed

YUCK!!!!! :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad:

MMMMMM....... Good to the last dropping!!

kopi_luwak.jpg

Man that just makes me want a cup of coffee!!

I cut out the last part of the letter. But the writer goes on to say that for 75 dollars a pound. He would eat coffee beans and crap them out. He then went on to the do that math as to how he would be rich lol.

Kona

Sorry, Guys for interupting your conversation but unless that 100% Kona is being drank at Bad Ass Coffee Company on Alii Drive in Kailua-Kona, (Overlooking the Ocean) It's just...... coffee.....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back