Wyoming's new carry laws

B-52

Does anyone know if the ability to carry without a permit in Wyoming includes non-residents? I have been unable to find anything to confirm or deny this. My permit is Kansas issued and as such is not recognized.

The statute bestows this privilege only on WY residents. Non-residents must still carry openly or concealed with a recognized permit.

-Brandon

Here is the new law.

ACT 70

Page 2, paragraph (iv) states:

(iv) The person does not possess a permit issued
under this section, but otherwise meets the requirements
specified in paragraphs (b)(i) through (vi), (viii) and
(ix) of this section and possession of the firearm by the
person is not otherwise unlawful.

Whereas (b)(i) states "Is a resident of the United States and has been a resident of Wyoming for not less than six (6) months prior to filing the application."

Does anyone know if the ability to carry without a permit in Wyoming includes non-residents? I have been unable to find anything to confirm or deny this. My permit is Kansas issued and as such is not recognized.

Techinally, in answer to the question you asked... Yes, the ability to carry a firearm in Wyoming includes non-residents. The ability to legally conceal that firearm without a recognized permit is extended only to Wyoming residents. In most states there is a big difference between carrying a firearm and concealing it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back