WWII Vet Beaten to death.

rifleshooter474

Link Removed
Delbert Belton, WWII veteran, beaten to death by Kenan D. Adams-Kinard in Spokane, cops say
Originally published: August 23, 2013 6:50 PM
Updated: August 24, 2013 7:41 AM
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Delbert Belton was a World War II veteran
Photo credit: KREM | Delbert Belton was a World War II veteran who survived the battle of Okinawa. Police in Spokane, Wash., have arrested one of two teens suspected of fatally beating the 88-year-old man. (Aug. 23, 2013)
Galleries
Delbert Belton was a World War II veteran Delbert Belton, WWII veteran, beaten to death by Kenan D. Adams-Kinard in Spokane, cops say
SPOKANE, Wash. - Delbert Belton survived the battle of Okinawa, but he lost his life this week in the parking lot of an Eagles Lodge in north Spokane.
Spokane police were still looking for one of two teens suspected in the beating death of the 88-year-old World War II veteran.
Police believe the two 16-year-old boys approached Belton in his car at random Wednesday night outside an Eagles Lodge as he was waiting for a friend.
Officers found Belton with serious head injuries, and he died in the hospital Thursday.
One of the teens surrendered to authorities Thursday night, and he was being held on charges of robbery and first-degree murder. His identity has not been released because he is a juvenile.
Police Chief Frank Straub identified the suspect still at large Friday as Kenan D. Adams-Kinard. Even though he is a juvenile, his name and photo were released because he remains a danger to the community, Straub said.
The Associated Press doesn't usually name juvenile suspects but is identifying Adams-Kinard because of the manhunt.
"We are asking the community's assistance to locate him," Straub said. "We are asking Mr. Kinard to surrender immediately.
"He displayed very aggressive and violent conduct with his assault of Mr. Belton," Straub said, adding that he believed the arrest of the second suspect was imminent.
Both teens have juvenile court records and past convictions for assault, Straub said.
Belton's death has struck a chord nationally and sparked outrage on social media.
"He fought for this country," said Belton's sister, Alberta Tosh, on Friday. "Then he comes home and a couple of creeps kill him in the worst way."
Straub said there was no information that the attack was motivated by anything other than robbery. Police were offering no details about the crime itself, including what was taken, if anything.
"I don't really care what their motive was," Straub added. "We are not going to tolerate this." Such random attacks are rare in Spokane, a city of 210,000 people in eastern Washington, Straub said.
Straub also offered his condolences to Belton's family.
"He is a World War II veteran who suffered injuries in Okinawa," Straub said. "The Spokane Police Department has been working tirelessly to identify and apprehend the suspects."
Belton was born and raised in Spokane and joined the Army during World War II. His sister said he was shot in the leg on Okinawa, site of one of the fiercest battles of the war in 1945.
"He was shell-shocked real bad," said Tosh, 78. "But it got better."
After the war, he spent 33 years working for Kaiser Aluminum before retiring in 1982.
In retirement, Belton loved to dance, play pool and repair old cars, family members said.
"He was very active and everybody liked him," said niece Pam Hansen. "He'd never think about harming another person."
Belton was called Shorty by his friends because he was little more than 5 feet tall, Hansen said.
She believes he was targeted by the assailants because of his age and size.
"He was defenseless," Hansen said.
User rating:4(11)Click to rate

Teen charged, second sought in beating death of WWII vet, 88, in Spokane, Wash. - News - MSN CA

Teen charged, second sought in beating death of WWII vet, 88, in Spokane, Wash.

Spokane police said Friday that the second suspect, Kenan D. Adams-Kinard, 16, should be considered extremely dangerous.

Spokane police said Friday that the second suspect, Kenan D. Adams-Kinard, 16, should be considered extremely dangerous.
A 16-year-old male was charged as an adult with first-degree murder Friday and a second was being sought in the robbery and death of an 88-year-old World War II veteran who was brutally beaten to death in Spokane, Wash.

Demetrius Glenn, accompanied by his lawyer, turned himself in to police Thursday night, police said. He was charged with first-degree murder and first-degree robbery in the savage assault Wednesday night on Delbert "Shorty" Belton, who was found wedged between the seats of his car in the parking lot of an Eagles lodge in North Spokane.

Belton suffered severe blunt force injuries to his head and torso and died Thursday morning in what the Spokane County medical examiner's office ruled was a homicide.

Police urged the public to help them find a second suspect, identified as Kenan D. Adams-Kinard, also 16, who they said was recorded on surveillance camera footage with Glenn on Wednesday night. They said Adams-Kinard should be considered extremely dangerous and that anyone spotting him should steer clear of him and call 911 immediately.

The suspects are black and Belton was white, but Spokane Police Chief Frank Straub said race didn't appear to be a factor in the attack.

"These are two individuals who for whatever reason went out on a given night to rob someone," Straub said. "They robbed him, they beat him and they killed him."

Belton's daughter-in-law, Barbara Belton, told NBC News that doctors said his face was battered so badly that they couldn't stop the bleeding.

"That was no way to have to die," she said. "They said even if he had survived, there probably would have been brain damage. It was horrendous."

She said her father-in-law wouldn't have been carrying more than $150 on him when he drove up to the Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie #2.

"Who beats an 88-year-old man in the face?" she said.

At the lodge, a makeshift memorial overflowed with flowers, U.S. flags and messages of sympathy as friends remembered Belton as an active and generous man who had been widowed for about six years. A candlelight vigil was scheduled for 8:30 p.m. (11:30 p.m. ET) Friday at the lodge.

"He was outstanding," said Alberta Tosh, Belton's sister. "He went dancing. He worked on cars all the time. He would help anyone who needed help."

Linda Herde, a family friend, told NBC station KHQ of Spokane that Belton "had a heart of gold."

"There wasn't a thing he wouldn't do for anybody," she added. "He'd give you the shirt off his back."

Great-nephew Allen Hills told KHQ that when he hit bottom about 10 years ago in California — where he was unemployed and sleeping on his mother's sofa — Belton stepped in with the offer of a car and a new life in Washington.

"It seems trivial, but he really did save my life," Hills said. "He made it possible for me to get a job and find work."

Ted Denison, another friend, called Belton "a tough old bird" who was shot in the leg in the 1945 Battle of Okinawa. His experiences in the war didn't appear to have dampened Belton's instinct to help others, Denison said.

"He was always there any time I needed anything," Denison told KHQ.

Barbara Belton said Glenn, the suspected who's in custody, was "awfully young" to be involved in such a terrible crime.

"Kids today, they think they can do whatever they want and it doesn't matter. Kids do this kind of stuff and end up in jail and probably end up worse when they come out."

Belton died the same day another Spokane man was killed in a confrontation with police. On Friday, police were in a standoff with a gunman at a pawn shop.

Police said violent crime was down 2 percent over the previous year, and Straub called the death of Belton an anomaly.

"It is very, very infrequent in Spokane that we have a random act of violence," he said.

Watch US News crime videos on NBCNews.com

Don't matter if their minors or not, execute them. If they're old and dangerous enough to commit such a vicious crime they're old and dangerous enough to pay the ultimate price.

Saw in the news earlier that they caught the second one. I whole heatedly agree with warrior. Because they're minors they'll probably be out of prison before they're 40 when really they should both be executed as adults.

Condolences to the family. I came back from VN and thought I was the bad guy. I joined up because I thought it was the thing to do. Lot of my friends are shell shocked too. Hope they give those two the axe.

Anything short of an immediate execution is unacceptable. Maybe they will met some veterans who have fallen on hard times in prison and get what they truly deserve. S&W645 how about those veterans getting to pull their switch, oops they are connected yet, oh well same end result. Hopefully just a who lot more painful.
~
YES I am a sadistic MF when it comes to violent offenders receiving what they truly deserve.

More and more black teens are becoming guilty of this kind of violence. It's time to forget the race card and deliver out justice equally for the same crime without having to listen to a lot of hate-spewing maniacs like Obama, Sharpton, Jackson, and the rest of their sorry lot. These 2 deserve the death penalty, carried out quickly after they're found guilty.

One of the arrested kids is claiming Delbert stiffed them in a CRACK DEAL.........I am waiting for Al & Jessie to show up and cry how exploited these two fine "YOUTS" were by this evil racist Senior.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using USA Carry mobile app

I can't believe that this piece of crap murderer is claiming an 88 year man was involoved in a crack deal. These thugs were well known drug dealers. And Delbert was not only a hero 70 years ago, he has led an exemplary life for all the intervening time since. He was liked and admired by everyone who knew him. The world would have been a better place if these young criminals had never been born. And society would greatly improved if they are permanently removed.

Due process, conviction, and sentencing of being beating by 80 year olds with MAG Lite flashlights. If they live through it, then sentence is completed.

Yeah, that charge about the crack had no legs. Summarily dismissed as a desperate justification by the cops. Unbelievable that the kid thought that such a charge would somehow exonerate him. What the he!! kind of jury does he think he will face. A group of thugs that will think that it's fine to kill someone if they get stiffed for crack?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back