WTB: .22LR double action revolver or parts for H&R 649

Phillip Gain

I'm posting here, because it can be such a pain to buy from out of state.

I'm looking for an inexpensive .22LR double action revolver. H&R, NEF, or the like. Nothing over $200 please.

It doesn't have to be cosmetically perfect. I do need it to be in good working order, but will consider a "fixer upper" if it's cheap and if the parts are readily available. I plan to use it (along with my Ruger 22/45) to train students who are new to shooting.

OR...

I have an H&R Model 649 .22LR that I had been using. Problem is, that it has a tiny chip in one tooth of the cylinder ratchet. So I'd love it if:

1) Someone could recommend a gunsmith who has the equipment and skill to do a very small "weld and file" job to repair it.

2) Maybe someone has a parts gun with a good cylinder? Or maybe someone out there who's into these revolvers has cylinders for sale?

3) I'm primarily interested in a .22LR cylinder for this gun. But I also might be interested in buying a .22WMR cylinder if someone has one of those.

4) I'm also interested if anyone has the one-piece grip for this gun. (The ones on it now are split grip, and they don't stay put very well.

found this old thread. i have a 649 pistol with both cylinders in great condition. i am currently starting a small business parting out older out of production guns. if you are still looking for parts just let me know.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back