WOW! Teen sends over 14,000 text messages in one month!

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
All I can say is that thank goodness her parents had the good sense to get an unlimited text messaging plan! Nevertheless, their decision not to allow her to text message after dinner should have been done long before. Parents need to monitor their kids' cell phone usage just as closely as they monitor their internet usage.

THIS KID'S A TEXT MANIAC - New York Post

He's just as bad as You tattedupboy with your replies/post's!! :lol::lol::lol:
I just had to say that........:haha:

This kid needs to get a life. And needs to lose the cell-phone. I'd also consider charging her parents with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Apparently, she eats, sleeps and texts...doesn't have much time for anything else. She's probably texting while on the john. And I wouldn't doubt she's texting while she's eating.

This isn't surprising, as teenagers are obsessively social animals. The biggest problem is that she has an incredible lopsidedness in terms of communications medium. Sending a lot of text messages is fine, but she needs to balance it with other forms of communication as well - talking, email, etc. Maybe she could even write an actual letter, just for kicks.

SMS is literally free for the telecom companies, because it runs over a network that's already in place for other services. 14,000 text messages costs them no more than 14. If you have an unlimited plan, then do your best to abuse it when possible.

N I was upset when my 22 year old did 800 I have to agree the kid needs a life, the other day while at a store I see a car idling and it did not look like anyone was inside, but when I walked by there was a kid about 10-12 texting like his thumb was on fire, how stupid why text when you can call n get er done n a few seconds... N yes U have way too much free time with over 4K of posts in this short of a time.

I've also noticed that texting has become a serious problem.

Instead of calling and talking to a person, people just text.

But, let's say you want to ask a person a question and you know when they get on the phone they'll want to tell you about their whole life.

Which they do everytime you talk to them.

I guess in that situation, I'd text the question rather than have to listen again to the whole life story.

Just my .02

I've also noticed that texting has become a serious problem.

Instead of calling and talking to a person, people just text.

But, let's say you want to ask a person a question and you know when they get on the phone they'll want to tell you about their whole life.

Which they do everytime you talk to them.

I guess in that situation, I'd text the question rather than have to listen again to the whole life story.

Just my .02
I agree...great for silencing long talkers. It's also helpful if you can't really talk without drawing attention. I text people all the time in meetings, which really comes in handy for coordinating things if you can't blatantly talk to someone or pass a note. It was great at the GOP convention. With all of the background noise, talking on the phone was impossible. Some of us had a system where if we wanted to meet someone, we would just send a message "20" (as in 10-20) as a request, and then the recipient would reply with their location.

I agree...great for silencing long talkers. It's also helpful if you can't really talk without drawing attention. I text people all the time in meetings, which really comes in handy for coordinating things if you can't blatantly talk to someone or pass a note. It was great at the GOP convention. With all of the background noise, talking on the phone was impossible. Some of us had a system where if we wanted to meet someone, we would just send a message "20" (as in 10-20) as a request, and then the recipient would reply with their location.

Excellent use of the text msg.

Sometimes when my wife and I are in a large store and are looking in different areas....we'll send *20* to ascertain where the other is.

Great fun sometimes.....I'll say I'm in the ladies underwear section, then I'll stand back and watch her come running...hahahaha

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back