Would-be victim shoots, kills robber at Orange County carwash

{TEX}Hawaii((

Link Removed

Read below. He was a CCW holder who used a .40. My bet is a G23! Don't like the one line about investigating whether or not he was justified. I think FLA will not charge him.

Would-be victim shoots, kills robber at Orange County carwash

Gunfire at a South Orange Blossom Trail carwash Friday left a suspected robber dead at the hands of his intended victim, Orange County deputies said.

The attack took place about 6:40 p.m. when two men, one armed with a sawed-off shotgun, walked up to a customer inside a carwash bay at 5101 S. Orange Blossom Trail. They tried to rob the patron, but he pulled out a handgun and fired, striking one of his attackers, Cmdr. Paul "Spike" Hopkins said.

"The bad guy was killed, and this guy [the customer] is safe tonight," Hopkins said. Investigators did not release the names of those involved. The second suspect ran off and had not been found early today.

Friday's shooting was the second time in four days that a customer at an Orange County business shot and killed a robbery suspect.
In Ocoee on Tuesday, a customer fatally wounded Freddie Carson, 40, who police said was trying to rob a clerk at the Kangaroo Express gas station. Carson was beating the clerk on the head with a bottle when the customer pointed his .40-caliber semiautomatic handgun and shot twice, police said.
The clerk, Marina Rodriguez, escaped with injuries that were not life-threatening. Police are investigating whether the shooting was justified.
Florida law permits the use of deadly force to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm and to prevent a "forcible felony" such as robbery.

During Friday's shooting, the wounded suspect tried to run away but collapsed in the carwash parking lot. Paramedics took him to Orlando Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. The customer was uninjured.

The robbery victim had a concealed-weapons permit and no criminal history, Hopkins said.

The attempted robbery was similar to five attacks during the past week along a one-mile stretch of South Orange Blossom Trail, Hopkins said. Two men, one armed with a shotgun, demanded money from their victims. Investigators are trying to establish a possible link.

Fred Johnson, 39, who owns a hair and nail salon next door to the carwash, spotted the suspected robber lying in a pool of blood.

"You can't go around robbing people. Simple as that. It's not fair," Johnson said.

Willoughby Mariano can be reached at 407-420-5171 or [email protected].

The neighbor's quote is great.
"Fred Johnson, 39, who owns a hair and nail salon next door to the carwash, spotted the suspected robber lying in a pool of blood.

"You can't go around robbing people. Simple as that. It's not fair," Johnson said."

I went down there for the holidays. We came home to the apartment one day and there were two cop cars in the parking lot, with some LEOs standing around outside watching a couple scream at each other. There were also some flowers and a smashed vase on the asphalt, so we sort of mused about what must have transpired earlier.

Also saw a taxi cab engulfed in flames on the side of I-4.

Sounds like it is getting dangerous there. Then again it is getting dangerous everywhere. Glad he was able to take care of business.

Sounds like it is getting dangerous there. Then again it is getting dangerous everywhere. Glad he was able to take care of business.

Darn right it's getting dangerous there; for the criminals, that is. When are people going to learn that crime doesn't pay? Way to go good guys!

Glad the hear the Victim did not get injured. The BG's probably have no clue that Others (victim's) may be packing, yet they seem to still take the chance. As they say, "he won't be down for breakfast". I need to start looking up some info for FL., since I MAY be going down there (Daytona) during Bike Week in March. And I'm not knocking FL., as said on here....this can happen anywhere! Don't know if I should Ship My weapon down there OR take it with me. I will be flying down IF I go. Not to go OFF topic, BUT any BRIEF suggestions? (

Glad the hear the Victim did not get injured. The BG's probably have no clue that Others (victim's) may be packing, yet they seem to still take the chance. As they say, "he won't be down for breakfast". I need to start looking up some info for FL., since I MAY be going down there (Daytona) during Bike Week in March. And I'm not knocking FL., as said on here....this can happen anywhere! Don't know if I should Ship My weapon down there OR take it with me. I will be flying down IF I go. Not to go OFF topic, BUT any BRIEF suggestions? (

Fly with it.

I like this "instant prosecution" method. There may be more crime popping up down here, but the more BGs that get "popped" sends a clear message to the rest of 'em. Want to rob someone? Go to another state, where the pickin's are easier. Because in Florida, we shoot back! :dirol:

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back