Would a gun carry bag be considered 'clothing apparel'??

Cautious Horse

I'll hopefully be in Montana sometime this year and they have partial constitutional-carry there for concealed carry.

However when it comes to carrying in towns or cities you need a CCW permit.

According to Montana State law they consider conceal-carry to be clothing or clothing apparel.
Would something like a zippered external carry bag you sling around you be ok???

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

If it's loaded, a cop will consider it concealed carry. It would be a VERY difficult claim to try and keep it from being considered concealed carry in court.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Montana allows open carry without a permit. Just do that. You can openly carry anywhere in Montana, and not just outside a city or town. Better to carry openly on your person than concealed in a bag and not easily accessible (and not to mention legally dubious).

If a woman can carry in a purse, what's the difference? Answer: No difference

It's concealed carry though. Without a permit they can't do that... Same applies to a gut carrying in a gym bag.

It's concealed carry though. Without a permit they can't do that... Same applies to a gut carrying in a gym bag.

Correct--I am assuming CCWP in which case a "man bag" is the same as a purse or any other kind of "luggage" ie attache case etal.

If you are coming to Montana the state recognizes Concealed Weapons Permits from most states. Having a concealed weapon in a bag, briefcase, purse, and ETC is probably going to be considered a concealed weapon by most LEO's if you are in an incident or stopped by police and will probably require a Lawyer to get the situation resolved. Who knows, it might be the incident which clarifies this issue in Montana Codes Annotated, remember most Montana Gun Laws date from the1880's, thus the mining or logging camp exclusions to permit-less carry in the state. My best advice is to get a permit from your home state or a non resident permit recognized by Montana.

Bob, Western Montana

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back