WORKOUT OF THE DAY 2009 pt.2!

boris

i could not find the original thread so here we go. GET OFF YOUR BEHINDS AND GET SOME P.T. IN!! i will catch this up a little bit.
LAST WEEK:
deck of cards
isometrics
THIS WEEK:
L.A.P.D. ACADEMY WORKOUT- going to use this for the forseeable future.
COMBATIVES-ARMED AND UNARMED.

C'MON YOU GUYS!!! LET'S BE CONSISTENT. BE ACCOUNTABLE. YOUR FAMILY, INDEED, YOUR COUNTRY IS DEPENDING ON YOU!! READ MY SIGNATURE LINE. THINK ABOUT IT THEN RESPOND ACCORDINGLY. HOOAH!!!

Train everyday

Excellent - not only must CCW holders be responsible citizens they must look like ones as well. It is another way to retain credibility in the face of all these senseless shootings. Things is, all these crazies, if they didn't have a gun would have used poison, a knife, car, bomb, etc. to do same amount of damage. We have to show and convince the gun ban folks that in these cases an armed citizen may have been able to stop the carnage.

Keep yourself in shape as it is important to be able to make clear decisions when under stress and keep the heart rate down when moving. Your mind is your best weapon. Keep it sharp by working out in some way each day - the body will follow. Keep in mind what most felons do in prison - they lift weights and practice offense with each other when the time comes to face a "cop" or to victimize you. We have to be at least equal to the BGs since we already lose a little in the reaction time to the offense. Train on - fitebak

Excellent - not only must CCW holders be responsible citizens they must look like ones as well. It is another way to retain credibility in the face of all these senseless shootings. Things is, all these crazies, if they didn't have a gun would have used poison, a knife, car, bomb, etc. to do same amount of damage.
Well...I hear that argument a lot, but I'm not sure it always holds water. The 1911 design is a classic for a reason - it's a highly successful case of form following function. It's difficult to top.

Guns in general are the same way. Ease of use and effectiveness sort of reach an optimal point when it comes to firearms. Nothing else is quite as effective without making a huge leap in technology. Until someone makes a practical directed energy weapon that isn't crew-served and weighs less than 30 lbs, conventional firearms are really the major game in town.

Once in a while, someone goes crazy with an axe or a car and kills some people. It's not nearly as efficient of a weapon though. Poison is difficult for most laypeople to use and delivery can be a challenge.

Of course I think it's every law-abiding citizen's right to own and openly or concealed carry a weapon in every location, and I think the ban on full auto weapons is total BS. But, I also wouldn't say you can do the same type of damage with a sword that you can with a rifle.

and so my friends,

i have been busy dieting and working out and have lost 20 lbs so far. i have been cnsistently doing L.A.P.D. program{ with substitutions due to weather conditions } and it is working. i have also mixed in Jack LaLanne's Magic 5 but more reps. that reverse sit up thing is a killer. abs are sore for a day or 2 after. i you want links to what these are let me know ad i will post them. hope y'all are P.T. ing!! HOOAH!!

sorry.....

been p.t.ing here is the report for last 2 weeks.
1.L.A.P.D. plan
2. lots of walking.
3. combatives.
c'mon people! y'all making me lonely, like that roy orbison song......:cray:

M-W-F for me is the Body For Life program. Sounds cheesy but it works. All major muscle groups are hit every workout, emphasizes reps over weight, although after doing this for about 4 months now I am on to high weight with high reps. T-Th are legs and abs, legs and abs, legs and abs...strong legs and a strong core make for a strong body overall. Sa-Su is more legs and abs and misc whatevers, keep the wife company in the gym. I play hockey 2-3 times a week, awesome cardio plus legs abs arms shoulders...greatest sport on earth.

Doesn't so much matter what you do as long as you are doing something.

Way to go, craig!!!

m-w-f for me is the body for life program. Sounds cheesy but it works. All major muscle groups are hit every workout, emphasizes reps over weight, although after doing this for about 4 months now i am on to high weight with high reps. T-th are legs and abs, legs and abs, legs and abs...strong legs and a strong core make for a strong body overall. Sa-su is more legs and abs and misc whatevers, keep the wife company in the gym. I play hockey 2-3 times a week, awesome cardio plus legs abs arms shoulders...greatest sport on earth.

Doesn't so much matter what you do as long as you are doing something.

sounds like you are doing great! Keep going!!! And i agree with your last statement 100%.

ohhh my body......

cross country walking this week. up and down hills and with music. my hip flexors are ind of sore. i have let up on the bodyweight work this week and the combatives. will start that back up on monday.HOOAH!

I am going to get a couple miles of walking in today. One of these days I may get back in shape good enough to start doing a little running again. One of these days.

if it ain't raining, you ain't training!!!

did 2 miles this morning. in the stinkin' rain. oh, well. at least it wasn't hot!

Yeah, I recently put down my beer and got out of my Lazy-Boy recliner to start getting back in shape. I used to work out in the gym 3 days a week and run at least a mile, 5 or 6 days a week when I was a LEO. I was a combat shooter and physically active when I taught at the Academy. I got run over by a car while working an accident one day. I was injured enough that I took a Med-Retirement, I let myself go for several years. My injuries really took the wind out of my sails and I just gave up. I just kept praying and working myself back into that old mindset again, of the warrior attitude to be ready for what I believe may be comming ahead in the future. Actually, it was one of Gabe Suarez's email newsletters that kind of opened my eyes and smacked me around.

Years ago . . . 25-or-so years ago . . . I was an Army Reserve Drill Sergeant. At the time, being the conscientious cat that I am, I would keep fit with 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups every morning AND every night! Now, at my advanced years (61), I can barely knock out 25 push-ups without huffing and puffing like a weenie. Don't know about the sit-ups. I figure that if I get myself on the floor on my back, I'd likely fall asleep. I'll have to give it a try and report back...once I wake up.

Years ago . . . 25-or-so years ago . . . I was an Army Reserve Drill Sergeant. At the time, being the conscientious cat that I am, I would keep fit with 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups every morning AND every night! Now, at my advanced years (61), I can barely knock out 25 push-ups without huffing and puffing like a weenie. Don't know about the sit-ups. I figure that if I get myself on the floor on my back, I'd likely fall asleep. I'll have to give it a try and report back...once I wake up.

Ha-Ha, that's funny right there.:biggrin: I'm about 10 years behind you ektarr, but I''m gettin' there. I just finished my brisk walk. I need a beer and a nap in my recliner! :lazy2:

yep!

:cray:
Yeah, I recently put down my beer and got out of my Lazy-Boy recliner to start getting back in shape. I used to work out in the gym 3 days a week and run at least a mile, 5 or 6 days a week when I was a LEO. I was a combat shooter and physically active when I taught at the Academy. I got run over by a car while working an accident one day. I was injured enough that I took a Med-Retirement, I let myself go for several years. My injuries really took the wind out of my sails and I just gave up. I just kept praying and working myself back into that old mindset again, of the warrior attitude to be ready for what I believe may be comming ahead in the future. Actually, it was one of Gabe Suarez's email newsletters that kind of opened my eyes and smacked me around.

banger was that article titled physical fitness for gunfighters? i saved and printed that one and read it regularly. did not do good last week. not one workout, unless you count work. i walk alot at work but it doesn't count. I normally do the LAPD Academy workout . I| am giving it a tweak though, going for time rather than reps. and i walk these days. bad ankle, bad knees but i walk uphill as fast as i can. i need to get some cadences to put in my MP3 player. nothing like having the Drill Sgt in your ear!!! I am glad to see more people on this board getting more into the warrior's mentality. we as men and women and as a country will be better off if more of us can get into proper mindset and action. Gabe really motivates me when i read that article and when i am at WT , there are many people there that i learn from and hope that i contribute as well. and Gabe's dvd are great too. i can't make classes but i get the dvd{ only one so far} and work the drills and so forth. i changed my grip based on his teaching and it made a tremendous difference. i wish i had had that knowledge earlier.gotta check in on some threads then i gotta work out.

2 sets to failure on lapd plan not too sore, must be the fistful of vitamins and supplements i take.

The l.a.p.d. Workout!!

Link Removed

ACTUALLY IS THE PRE ACADEMY WORKOUT BUT IT IS STILL GOOD. I LIKE IT BECAUSE IT IS QUICK AND DOES WORK YOU OVER PRETTY GOOD.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back