Woodland Park Zoo

bgzoots

Anyone know if Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle has firearm rules or if they check at the entrance?

Supposed to be in the top 10 of best zoos in the US. Went there once packing only curiosity, most of the critters looked like they are doing hard time in Walla Walla state pen.
Try admin at this URL for CC questions:
Link Removed
Place used to sponsor concerts too, which is a no-no for any CC, been a while.
Good luck,

Canis-Lupus

Don't ask, don't tell...

Supposed to be in the top 10 of best zoos in the US. Went there once packing only curiosity, most of the critters looked like they are doing hard time in Walla Walla state pen.
Try admin at this URL for CC questions:
Link Removed
Place used to sponsor concerts too, which is a no-no for any CC, been a while.
Rule 1, don't ask, don't tell. If you ask, the answer will always be no. Sometimes after you ask, you may get greeted with metal detectors at the entrance or signage that does have force of law when prior to asking there was no such physical or statutory prohibition. While the zoo may sponsor concerts, I would suspect the prohibition for CCW would apply to the building the concert is confined to and not the entire zoo itself unless it meant the legal definition of an "outdoor music festival."

Last edited:
Don't ask, don't tell...

Rule 1, don't ask, don't tell. If you ask, the answer will always be no. Sometimes after you ask, you may get greeted with metal detectors at the entrance or signage that does have force of law when prior to asking there was no such physical or statutory prohibition. While the zoo may sponsor concerts, I would suspect the prohibition for CCW would apply to the building the concert is confined to and not the entire zoo itself unless it meant the legal definition of an "outdoor music festival."
This is totally untrue. I have asked because I don't ever act contrary of the law, whether I like it or not.

I asked, they told me "yes, you may carry concealed with a permit." At the time I asked there were no "Firearms Not Allowed" signs. I never depend on the "I wasn't aware of that" excuse. That is MY definition of law-abiding-citizen

I asked this quesion about a year before the pandemic was forced down our throat. And WA state law, superced city law. No city law be more restrictive of State laws, accoring to the State Constittion.

BTW, I was curious, and just called Woodland Park Zoo, and asked the question today (4/2/2023 at 11:03). They said it was perfectly ok with concealed carry, with a pemit. He even volunteered "Open carry" as OK, but I'd never carry open, in an environmen like that. WA has an intimidation law, that will get you in trouble, hanging around liberals. Any complaint is a violation. FAR better to be concealed.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back