Women the ‘holy grail’ of gun rights movement

dogshawred

The lead in the article shows Annie Oakley aiming a carbine over her shoulder by using a mirror. Yet the female gender was thought of as the fairer sex by society and was promoted by men to make themselves appear as the protector.
~
This image has transformed over the decades and has been done so by women themselves, through their own actions and successes. We as their counter part in society need to support them in their efforts to protect themselves and their loved ones. After all that loved one could be counted as YOU.
~
Several of my past employees have taken steps to better prepare themselves for the unexpected and I am so very proud of them for their actions and successes. One has done this alone and without their spouses participation in shooting sports, because she felt the need to be better prepared and to be more self reliant. This hasn't diminished their marriage, they just have differing perspectives regarding the subject and each support the other, as a marriage should.

~
Coryell: Women the 'holy grail' of gun rights movement | Human Events
~
Women seeking to arm themselves and their daughters are figuring out that guns are not ‘taboo’ but a powerful means of protection.
~
“Women are the holy grail of the Second Amendment movement,” said Skip Coryell nationally recognized firearm expert and author of the newly released The Shadow Militia.
~
The Second Amendment will stand or fall depending on the way women vote, he said. “Women make-up about 52% of the population and they vote with a mind of their own.”
~
Women and particularly women with children have been raised with an idea that guns are dangerous. Yet once women get over their initial fear of the firearm, they feel empowered by it, he said. “Women want to be armed and capable.”
~
It has been his experience that women who receive instruction quickly become comfortable with using firearms, he said. “They come into my class afraid of the gun, but 4 or 5 hours later they are on the line like a kid in a candy shop, blazing away, having a ball.”
~
If women are not encouraged to support firearms and instead rely on the stigma that guns are bad, they will vote against the Second Amendment and they will not be protected, said Coryell who is the owner and president of White Feather Press.
~
It is much more important to teach girls how to use guns than boys because girls will grow up to be women and are more likely to be victims of crimes, he said.
~
“If someone is going to be raped, mugged or robbed it will not be by a woman, your attacker will be a man,” said the Marine veteran. “A woman needs a Samuel Colt Equalizer to make her equal and more powerful than her attacker.”
~
Fifteen years ago, about 10% of his firearm classes were women, today that number is up to 35%, said the certified National Rifle Association instructor. “Women are enrolling at a higher rate of all different ages – it is very encouraging to see.”
~

I Am NOT A Victim

Read this story, then send for the book that tells the REST of the story. "I Am NOT A Victim" is free as a PDF file to anyone who sends me an email and asks for it.

The Man I Might Have Killed | The Price of Liberty

By Susan Callaway
Certified NRA instructor for handguns, self defense, CRSO

The dedication page of my new book reads: To the man I had to shoot to save my life.

Yes, you read it right. I’ve already had to shoot a man in self defense. Here’s the story.

In 1982 I was living alone at the edge of a small desert town in Southern California. It wasn’t the best of neighborhoods and I was moving the very next day to a better area. Sometimes your luck just runs out.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back