Women & Concealed Carry

srgreer

Hi. After years of trouble and a determination to provide solutions I am currently working on a website designed specifically for women and concealed carry. I have a good idea of what I would like to see, but I would the opinions of the gals (and guys) of this forum. I have seen many re-occurring questions like: "What gun should I get?", "How should I conceal this thing?", and so on. My goal is to create a complete concealed carry solution environment.

Specifically: What would you want in a complete concealed carry solution resource (women specific)? i.e. pictures, videos, articles, how to's, etc.

I have created a brief survey to better understand how we can move the needle and provide the ultimate resource for women and their decision to carry. If you have 2 minutes and would like to contribute, please feel free! Otherwise, any feedback replies to this post will be greatly appreciated!

Survey

Thanks all!

Sierra

Concealed carry, the ultimate in feminine protection.
Both my wife and daughter are very adept at being safe.
Open carry could very well cause a perp to choose you as apposed to the person whom carries concealed simple because you pose the threat to them.
just my observations, i may be wrong...

I think in the area of "How should I conceal this thing?" it would be nice to see actual pictures of women of different shapes and sizes with different conceal methods. What works well for someone of one body shape doesn't always work for another.

Open carry could very well cause a perp to choose you as apposed to the person whom carries concealed simple because you pose the threat to them.

I totally agree about the open carry thing. That is exactly how my husband and I feel. We live in OK and they are trying to pass open carry, even if it does pass we won't be open carrying but it will be nice not to constantly be worrying and freaking out about printing.

I think in the area of "How should I conceal this thing?" it would be nice to see actual pictures of women of different shapes and sizes with different conceal methods. What works well for someone of one body shape doesn't always work for another.

Amen to that! Almost all of the ones I have seen are petite women saying they can't find anything that works for them but to me I figured it would be easier. I'm a bigger lady and am having a hard time finding a nice comfortable way to carry on me. (still waiting on my license so just carry around the house) It would be nice to find a site that shows all different types of ladies carrying and what they have found that works for them!

Open carry is legal here in TN but I would never open carry. I do worry a bit about imprinting though as my favorite weapon to carry happens to be most comfortable with an OWB holster.

My wife and I were recently discussing carry options for her. I agree that it would be helpful to see what carry method other women have chosen and how it works for them. My wife has seen these concealed carry purses that she likes, but in my mind, that's the first thing a crook is going for. Then he's got your purse AND your gun.

as a woman who conceals, i find that our holster options are limited.. I really disagree with "purse" carring options.. i feel that if an attacker is going to come after you as a woman, they are going to want one of two things... you... or your purse.. if they steal your purse.. and get away.. you have nothing left for protection. Sure, keep other protection times in your purse, maybe a small knife, pepper spray.. but my gun stays on my person, no matter what. I also have a young child, and that is a concern for carrying options as well, if i have to carry her as well.. i feel that a small of the back holster, or a bra holster are the best options for me.

This video was posted on another thread and I just thought it was the most awesome thing!! I am of similar size to the woman making the video, but it would be great for women of all sizes and shapes to review their CC experiences. My problem is I wear pretty fitted clothing most of the time. I was trying on a shirt one time and I was "modeling" it for my DH (darling husband), and said "I wonder if this is poofy enough to hide my gun?" He said, "Here, try mine!" and handed me his 40 cal. LOL!

Open carry was recently challenged in CT in court: it is not explicitly against the law, but many local cops think it should be and arrest people for open carry. It was challenged in court, and the courts found the person was not in violation of the law, and the Commissioner of Public Safety issued a memo to all municipal police chiefs that open carry is not illegal. While I pretty much always conceal, I am relieved that I don't have to stress TOTAL concealment all the time. There are times when I'm working that my shirt might hang up on my gun or it might show through, and it's not a big deal.

Robin: from this video you will see you have a bunch of options for holsters! I totally agree about not carrying in a purse. I don't even put my wallet in my purse (I clip a small wallet to my pants belt loop, and I never buy pants without belt loops). My purse is for my calendar, snacks, first aid supplies and excedrin...

I would love to be able to get on a website designed for women and concealed carry. I am a new carrier and would like more info on holsters and such!

JustAnOldHippie:291759 said:

There are no absolutes, but there are way more concealed carriers that get chosen as victims than open carriers. My wife and I open carry because deterrence works, and we won't be chosen by the bad guy.

Concealed carry makes you look unarmed, like an easy target, so they will choose you to be their victims.

If there is no open carry section to the website you are designing, my wife nor I, will ever frequent it, sorry.

Hi. After years of trouble and a determination to provide solutions I am currently working on a website designed specifically for women and concealed carry.

<Snipped>

Thanks all!

Sierra

Sierra, I don't want to pour water on the fire of your desire to have such a web site, but your post here is located in a message forum named "Women & Concealed Carry". Doesn't that already cover things for you? All I'm saying is that you don't need to recreate the wheel. The public forum you just posted-in should satisfy your objectives. Of course, you can always petition the owner here to add a couple of additional forums (like "Holsters for Women" or "Open Carry for Women" or whatever).

As far as examples of successful concealed carry for women, perform a simple search on YouTube and you'll see hundreds of instructional videos and reviews of numerous options for women. One of those videos is posted in this thread already.

While you are perfectly free to start another web site for your specific needs, I honestly think you have just about the perfect forum here. This forum is well-known and respected by men and women throughout the country. Most discussions are not gender specific because the subjects are not gender specific.

Of course, this is just my opinion and your mileage may vary. Whatever you decide, my best wishes to you for your success.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! It has been extremely helpful. I will be launching a beta version soon and would insight on the look, layout, design, and content. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! It has been extremely helpful. I will be launching a beta version soon and would insight on the look, layout, design, and content. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again!

I just started a site like this as well! I don't have a ton of stuff out there yet, but I'm working on it! :)

Link Removed

I just started a site like this as well! I don't have a ton of stuff out there yet, but I'm working on it! :)

Link Removed

I just visited your site. I could barely read anything there. I think you may want to consider a font/color that is not invisible.

And so it goes...

Thanks for the feedback. I was using the default font color, but I changed the body font to black to make it easier to read.

Thanks for the feedback. I was using the default font color, but I changed the body font to black to make it easier to read.

Much better now. I can see everything! I have a similar problem on some other sites. I end-up highlighting (selecting) everything, so all is emphasized with the blue highlights and white lettering. But then again, my eyes ain't what they used to be, so I may be the exception.

Best of luck with the site.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back