Woman told American flag offensive

HK4U

The person that was offended should go back to the country they came from.

Link Removed

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag Reporting
Carol Cavazos MANSFIELD (CBS 11 News) ―

Reporting
Carol Cavazos MANSFIELD (CBS 11 News) ―

CBS

Is it okay to show your patriotism at the office?

For one Arlington woman, the answer was "no" after she hung an American flag in her office just before the Memorial Day weekend.

Debbie McLucas is one of four hospital supervisors at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield. Last week, she hung a three-by-five foot American flag in the office she shares with the other supervisors.

When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. "I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'" McLucas said.

McLucas' husband and sons are former military men. Her daughter is currently serving in Iraq as a combat medic.

Stifling a cry, McLucas said, "I just wonder if all those young men and women over there are really doing this for nothing."

McLucas said the supervisor who complained has been in the United States for 14 years and is formerly from Africa. McLucas said the supervisor took down Debbie's flag herself.

"The flag and the pole had been placed on the floor," McLucas said. But McLucas also said hospital higher ups had told her some patients' families and visitors had also complained.

"I was told it wouldn't matter if it was only one person," she said. "It would have to come down."

McLucas said hospital bosses told her as far as patriotism was concerned, the flag flying outside the hospital building would have to suffice.

Kindred Hospital Corporate Headquarters are located in Kentucky. They have yet to make a final decision on the matter. They have not returned our phone calls for comment.

The Kindred Hospital Corporation was chosen as Fortune's most admired for 2009. McLucas hopes they'll back her patriotism.

"I find it very frightening because if I can't display my flag, what other freedoms will I lose before all is said and done," McLucas asked.

(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

That's ridiculous. If you've got a problem with the Flag, then why'd you come to the country in the first place. Go back to wherever you came from, we wont miss you.

That's ridiculous. If you've got a problem with the Flag, then why'd you come to the country in the first place. Go back to wherever you came from, we wont miss you.

I agree 100%!!! People come to this country in search of a better life and then turn around and bad mouth our nation? And now they try to tell Americans that they can't show their patriotism?? If you don't like our flag, then you must not like our country. Why even come here? Go back home freaks!

Personally, I believe the "Offended Supervisor" from Africa, should have his unhappy little ass back on the first boat back home. Better still, we as Americans, should be kicking his ass back onto a boat. Sheesh! What in the hell have we become in this country?:mad:

Think of it this way. When you travel to a foreign country you are expected to respect their customs and not offend then. When they come over here we are expected to respect their customs and not offend them. WHAT ABOUT OUR DAMN CUSTOMS, WHY CAN'T THEY RESPECT OURS IN OUR COUNTRY INSTEAD OF US HAVING TO KISS THEIR BUTTS!

This is disgusting, but not unexpected. WE have to start being more vocal about our beliefs. WE have to start complaining and screaming when our rights are violated. WE have to start fighting back. We need to take back the offensive.

If the U.S. flag offends that person why then is she in this country earning wages? I've said it before this country needs to get back to basics. I can't believe we've come to this.

What ever happened to:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The blood of countless brave veterans was spilled in the name of that flag and what it stands for. If it offends you you ARE NOT an American and should be deported immediately!!!!

To the person that told her it was offensice and take it down...

What I would have said and yet may do, if their paper has a comments section!!!

You POS if I find out who you are I will call the FBI and report you for anti American activities, and have your personal background investigated so closely the next time you fart you will be prosecuted for air pollution!!!

Edit: just did....

I put this article on my Facebook page.

Let's send this one to everyone we know, Facebook and email and snail mail and telephone and tell a friend. This is the most ridiculous, idiotic thing I've heard in a very long time. Can you say, "Asinine!" The whole country needs to hear about this!

Let's tell them what we think of their policy!

Kindred Healthcare's corporate headquarters are in Kentucky, according to the article. How many emails and phone calls can they handle? I tried to access their corporate website and I cannot get thru. I hope they are already overloaded!

Kindred Healthcare

A few of the Kentucky phone numbers ~ (502) 596-7300, * (502) 297-6700

I still cannot get through to their web site. I hope they are inundated!

Googling the words, "woman u.s. flag down" gave me this: Results 1 - 100 of about 47,900,000 for woman u.s. flag down. (0.53 seconds) The majority of the results were about this incident. hahahahahahahahahahahaha The flag owner will be interviewed on tv, it will stream live Link Removedonline.

He is a bit of interesting info. I have a co worker that is from Columbia. She said that when you get you citizenship you have to pledge allegiance and there are curtain rules you have to follow. If you break these rules you will be deported. I sent her this story to see what she had to say. She was pissed just like us. Said that she was grateful to have been able to move here and make a better life for herself. That what this other woman did could be enough for immigrations to pull her citizenship. Hopefully someone will get immigrations involved and give her the boot!!

It's a sad day in America when a citizen is told to remove an American flag because it's "offensive". Being a member of the U.S. Military, I have had the opportunity to fight for our freedom and rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. Seeing our rights being slowly taken away, I imagine that my fellow service members who have died fighting for our rights are turning in their graves.

The "African" that's been living in the U.S. for the last 14 years needs to pack up and leave our great nation. I'll gladly purchase the individual a one-way plane ticket.

This kind of behavior should not go unpunished. Anti-American acts should be treated as such, and appropriate action should be taken.

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back