Woman told American flag offensive

Unfortunately flag etiquette is not taught as it once was and now the public sees a President who doesn't place his hand over his heart during the National Anthem or even wear a flag pin. How can you chastise anyone when the leader of the country sets such an example? I become more and more disheartened as I see the country move farther and farther from what our founding fathers started.

"I'm a veteran of the USArmy and I'd rather die than be treated by your company for any health related issues or put any money in your coffers. Shame on you!"

This morning I received this response:

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 7:14 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

"Tha... ...pany's values."

It was good to read their response. I hope it's truthful!

Truthful. WHAT does that mean? Are YOU truthful? You had better say "NO".

I can see your family if you got in an accident in front of one of that companies health centers (if they do that type of work) and were lying there dying and they ran out with the gurney and get ready to load you on and rush you inside to save your life and one looks at you and says... "Whoa, I recognize this person, I read their post on USA Carry. They said they would rather die than be treated by us."

And they turn and leave... and you die. You died HAPPY of course, since you did NOT want them to touch you.

RIGHT?

Or were you lying? That you would be REALLY HAPPY if they were to keep you from dying?

Ask your family that. Ask them if it is okay if you get in a situation like that, is it okay if you die because you don't want any help from that company?

IF your family loves you, they are going to say: "ARE YOU NUTS?" when they see the ambulance there and then they drive off and let you die because that is what you WANTED?

REALLY?

How can you chastise anyone when the leader of the country sets such an example?

Then it is up to US to set the example, isn't it. It is that simple. I'm mostly anti-Obama, but if you do a 5 sec search on Obama wearing the Flag pin there are all kinds of photos of him wearing a US Flag pin and all kinds of photos of him NOT wearing one. Lots of videos of him doing the Pledge of Allegiance with his hand on his heart too.

A person CAN dig up any kind of dirt on just about anyone on the Internet. This person said this or that etc... on and on and on.

But, like I said, it is up to EACH one of US to set the example... BECAUSE the press and TV sure as Hell isn't.

Just my opinion, of course.

Ken

Three days ago I sent this email to their headquarters:

"I'm a veteran of the USArmy and I'd rather die than be treated by your company for any health related issues or put any money in your coffers. Shame on you!"

This morning I received this response:

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 7:14 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

"Thank you for your comments. We share your anger and hurt about the removal of the flag. It is very important to clarify that a misunderstanding has been communicated through the media. The supervisor that is described in the media is actually the co-worker of Ms. McLucas and not Ms. McLucas's immediate supervisor. The incident was two nursing supervisors who got into a dispute. It was wrong and disrespectful and as soon as we learned about it, we took immediate action to correct the situation. The flag is now proudly displayed once again, and we apologize to all who were equally offended by this unpatriotic action, including the owner of the flag. We have reprimanded the employee and let them know we don't tolerate behavior inconsistent with our Company's values."

It was good to read their response. I hope it's truthful!

This appears to be a chain response. I received the exact same email.

Then it is up to US to set the example, isn't it. It is that simple. I'm mostly anti-Obama, but if you do a 5 sec search on Obama wearing the Flag pin there are all kinds of photos of him wearing a US Flag pin and all kinds of photos of him NOT wearing one. Lots of videos of him doing the Pledge of Allegiance with his hand on his heart too.

A person CAN dig up any kind of dirt on just about anyone on the Internet. This person said this or that etc... on and on and on.

But, like I said, it is up to EACH one of US to set the example... BECAUSE the press and TV sure as Hell isn't.

Just my opinion, of course.

Ken

Always good to see your opinion Oregon Vet. The thing is the President should, at all times, set the example for the American people. He shouldn't "sometimes" have his hand on his heart for the Anthem, or "sometimes" wear a flag pin. If he's in the position where these things are expected then it should be "always". While I am not an Obama supporter, I also don't consider him the anti-Christ either. He's a man currently leading our country and needs to set the example. Right now, his example leads the wrong way.

Truthful. WHAT does that mean? Are YOU truthful? You had better say "NO".

I can see your family if you got in an accident in front of one of that companies health centers (if they do that type of work) and were lying there dying and they ran out with the gurney and get ready to load you on and rush you inside to save your life and one looks at you and says... "Whoa, I recognize this person, I read their post on USA Carry. They said they would rather die than be treated by us."

And they turn and leave... and you die. You died HAPPY of course, since you did NOT want them to touch you.

RIGHT?

Or were you lying? That you would be REALLY HAPPY if they were to keep you from dying?

Ask your family that. Ask them if it is okay if you get in a situation like that, is it okay if you die because you don't want any help from that company?

IF your family loves you, they are going to say: "ARE YOU NUTS?" when they see the ambulance there and then they drive off and let you die because that is what you WANTED?

REALLY?

Wow, Oregon Vet, are you familiar with the term, "poetic License?" Rofl, you really "went off like a firecracker." You are welcome to post your opinion but a critique of mine is really not necessary.

Or, maybe you are familiar with someone saying something figuratively rather than literally? I can post definitions for you if you'd like.

Wow, Oregon Vet, are you familiar with the term, "poetic License?" Rofl, you really "went off like a firecracker." You are welcome to post your opinion but a critique of mine is really not necessary.

That is all I did too. Didn't you recognize what I said as taking poetic license? Why not?

I thought everybody could understand poetic license.

poetic license n. The liberty taken by an artist or a writer in deviating from conventional form or fact to achieve a desired effect.

Seems to have worked pretty well.

Someone, leaving your place of business very dissatisfied, says, as they go through the door:"I would shoot you before I would do business with you again."

Was he using poetic license or not? Are you stupid enough to holler at him to get the hell off your property or you would whup his a$$ for him without knowing if he has just got out of the nut house AND has a gun in his pickup?

I don't like ANYONE to leave my place of business mad. Way too many crazies around and I don't have eyes in the back of my head.

Last month a kid came up to three kids sitting on a park bench and said:"This is south Salem." They looked at him and said:"This is North Salem, hahahaha don't you know that? hahaha."

Sort of the old... This is South Salem, hahaha poetic license.

A little poetic license. Ah, but it wasn't.

The kid pulled a gun and BAM one kid on the bench dead instantly with his brains blown out and the other two got away with just being wounded. The guy walked off. I don't think they have caught him yet.

The kid killed was a friend of mines nephew. 21 years old. THEY thought it was poetic license but he was serious.

But, that is the way life is. Some think it is funny but there are a LOT more who don't think it is funny... and a persons life depends on them.

But, if you read the definitions of "poetic license", none of them fit the "I would rather die..." you posted when writing to a company.

But, so what, you can say anything you want, same as I can. Part of 1A.

At least for a little while longer...we always hope for forever, but the way things are going... don't know. Will 1A and 2A be here next year? Don't know.

I DO know that there are MANY people who are working to make them GONE. I read about them all the time it seems like.

Are we happy yet? Having fun yet?

I speak up ALL the time. All it gets me is dirty looks. But I sure feel better. When I'm on the road I can't help hitting a fast food drive through now and then. I can never figure why the heck they put the person on the speaker who has the WORST English in the place. It's hard enough to understand what they are saying to begin with. So when they say "What would you like?" I say "Someone who speaks English."

Why are hospitals the worst offenders? The illegals get free medical, so they need employees who can communicate with them. I had my 94 year old mother in a very large teaching hospital for her check up. She's in great shape other than her knees are shot, so she lets me push her in a wheel chair to save time.

I got her to the check in desk, and all of a sudden I feel like I'm south of the border. and they start with the barrage of questions. They should know her name by now, and that nothing ever changes in her bio. finally the RN behind the desk says to me, "Does she need an interpreter? so I said "Yes." The woman asks, "What language does she speak?" and I said "English."

I got dirty looks from the staff AND my mom.

Next visit I'll wear my Border guard hat.

flag

To think we would see a time, in this great nation, where a person would be deprived of their right of free speech - for the treasonous act of displaying the Stars 'n' Stripes - is beyond my belief. Political Correctness is loosely defined as a majority, making adjustment, change or accomodation so as to avoid alienating or offending a minority. That is the First Amendment in REVERSE!

The first amendment is not intended to protect your right to say something popular, or inoffensive, though it certainly does that. It protects instead, your right to say things that are different, even outrageous, offensive. Its roots are found in the colonialists fear of speaking out against the King, for fear the Dragoons would take them and their entire family away in the dark of night.

The link is that, no matter who is offended by the flag, too bad. Every single one of us has the right to speak our minds, wear the clothes we want, display the flag. If we cross the line - say slanderous things or foment a riot - we can be appropriately handled within the law.

I'm glad she got her flag back up. I'm going to wear my stars/stripes tie tomorrow to celebrate. If anyone tells me it's offensive, i will wave it at them so they get a good look. Then tell them to get with the program or get out of the country.
this reminds me of a wise and sage saying, wish i knew who to attribute it to."everything that is popular is not alway's right,and what's alway's right is not alway's popular"

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back