Woman told American flag offensive

It's another reason we need to keep our 2A rights to defend our 1A rights!

I e-mailed the address provided..

I told them how offended I was that their management would cave to such a ridiculous request and they needed to go back to what was RIGHT, and then do what is RIGHT... Apologize to the lady with the flag, and while they were at it, thank her for her families service in the military.

It was a longer e-mail, but that is the jist..

I called the 1-800 number. When I told the operator that I had a complaint she transfered me to a lady and I got her voice mail. I left a message telling her how I felt.

I must have called too late, they were closed for the day and the was no option to leave a message in a general delivery voice mail box. I'll try again tomorrow!

Immigration should do this!

Being that ICE is a government agency, I'm sure that would take too long. Being the responsible citizen that I am and wanting to facilitate removing the garbage from our country, I don't mind personally funding the one-way ticket. :wink:

gf

Story was again on the news here last night. They are doing a lot of backtracking. They now say she can put it back up and that they did not have a problem with a flag but only the size of the flag. I don't think they figured on the firestorm they started.

I'm waiting on booking info so I can purchase the ticket for that damn african that started this "scat storm". :wink:

gf

Story was again on the news here last night. They are doing a lot of backtracking. They now say she can put it back up and that they did not have a problem with a flag but only the size of the flag. I don't think they figured on the firestorm they started.

It looks like she was allowed o put the 3' x 5' flag back up. This is a prime example of what a united voice can accomplish when needed. This is the way it should be done when anti constitutional laws are trying to be passed.

Latest Press Release.

Link Removed
KINDRED HEALTHCARE SUPPORTS THE FLAG AND THE SACRIFICES IT REPRESENTS

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (May 27, 2009) -- Kindred Healthcare (NYSE: KND) is proud of its history of supporting our employees and their families who have served our country through military service. We are sincerely sorry that one incident between two employees gave the perception that we do not respect the flag or the sacrifice it represents.

It is neither the policy of Kindred Healthcare nor Kindred Hospital Mansfield to restrict the rights of our employees and their expressions of patriotism. This is not in keeping with the spirit and culture of Kindred Healthcare. We routinely celebrate the blessings bestowed upon us by honoring our veterans and active military through a variety of benefits and service programs. The truth is the Mansfield hospital situation has not been described accurately or in its entirety. In fact, both employees involved in the situation have family members who have served in the military.

This issue was simply a dispute between two employees who shared a small workspace, one of whom removed the flag because of its size. It’s important to note that hospital management was not involved in the decision to remove the flag and has since worked with both employees to resolve the situation. We support our employees’ first amendment rights and have invited the employee to rehang her flag.

“We are sorry that this incident occurred,” said Benjamin A. Breier, President of Kindred’s Hospital Division. “We organize many activities and programs throughout the year to honor our veterans. This year, in addition to our annual Independence Day celebrations, we will proudly distribute American flags that our employees can display in their workspaces. Our 55,000 hard-working employees serve our patients and residents daily with innumerable acts of kindness and compassion. We value and respect each of our employees and their commitment to high quality care. We look forward to continuing to serve our communities and our country.”

Political Correctness Gone Crazy

To think we would see a time, in this great nation, where a person would be deprived of their right of free speech - for the treasonous act of displaying the Stars 'n' Stripes - is beyond my belief. Political Correctness is loosely defined as a majority, making adjustment, change or accomodation so as to avoid alienating or offending a minority. That is the First Amendment in REVERSE!

The first amendment is not intended to protect your right to say something popular, or inoffensive, though it certainly does that. It protects instead, your right to say things that are different, even outrageous, offensive. Its roots are found in the colonialists fear of speaking out against the King, for fear the Dragoons would take them and their entire family away in the dark of night.

The link is that, no matter who is offended by the flag, too bad. Every single one of us has the right to speak our minds, wear the clothes we want, display the flag. If we cross the line - say slanderous things or foment a riot - we can be appropriately handled within the law.

I'm glad she got her flag back up. I'm going to wear my stars/stripes tie tomorrow to celebrate. If anyone tells me it's offensive, i will wave it at them so they get a good look. Then tell them to get with the program or get out of the country.

Yeah, Yeah.. nice Blurb from the company...
But they missed this little tidbit in there apology..
When the lady went to get the flag from her Supervisor.. It was wrapped around the pole she had it hung on and was

Laying on the FLOOR!!!!

This tells you a lot about the person who took on the responsibility of taking down the flag.. The company can blather on about how supportive they are of the military and patriotism... But putting the flag on the floor indicates the lack of respect the supervisor REALLY has for the FLAG...

Just my 2 cents!!!

US Flag rules, codes and regulations

US Flag rules, codes and regulations

Everyone in this thread has read them, correct? Everyone in the USA has read them, correct? I'll bet it would shock us ALL on how FEW have read the correct way to display the flag and ways that are disrespectful to the US Flag.

Link Removed

RESPECT for the US Flag:

US CODE: Title 4,8. Respect for flag Current as of 2008.

What Is a Flag?

According to the Flag Code, a flag is a flag or anything "by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag."

Read it ALL, but 8d states as just one part of it:

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel,...

That includes US Flag ties, shirts, hats, etc.

After you read all the links I have posted, how MUCH clothing/things and other stuff do you have that needs to disposed of IN A RESPECTFUL MANNER. Things that you own that are showing disrespect to our US Flag.

I try to keep my home friendly to the US Flag by flying it on a flagpole.

A 3x5 foot flag should be flown on a 15-20 foot flag pole.

Back up an THINK... WHAT do a lot of the people in this thread sound like? THINK, does it sound to you like the BIGGER the flag you hang/display means you have MORE respect FOR THAT FLAG?

Where would people get an idea like that? Isn't displaying the US Flag a PRIVATE thing between each and every individual and their flag?

I've been places where people have the US Flag thumbtacked to the ceiling, that is a no-no to do. I know of two hotels here in Salem, Oregon who fly the US Flag on the wrong side. Looking at it from the road, the US Flag is on the RIGHT side instead of the LEFT side (as viewed from the street) as it should be. I even stopped, went in, talked to the manager, GAVE them a printout from the Codes page SHOWING how the flag was to be flown. They changed sides and two weeks later it was being flown on the wrong side again. Out and out disrespect for the US Flag. Those hotels are franchises, I don't know what good it would do to complain to corporate headquarters.

We DO have hundreds of thousands or possibly MILLIONS of people right here in the USA that show their disrespect for the flag by purchasing and wearing any ties, shirts, coats, hats or anything else that has a flag on it or something that can be taken as a US Flag. Go look at the examples they give on what NOT to buy/wear/etc. All those US Flags with Eagles and Don't Tread On Me, and etc printed on them. Ties with red/white stripes and stars on a blue background. ALL of it shows disrespect to the US Flag.

There is something WRONG with the idea that someone displaying a 3x5 INCH US Flag on their desk is less proud of our country than someone hanging a 3x5 FOOT US Flag somewhere it wasn't meant to be. It was meant to fly free on a 20 foot flag pole.

That there are people in this thread that actually think that the BIGGER US Flag someone displays, that the more patriotic they are?

If I were to fly a 300 x 500 FOOT US Flag, would that make me the MOST patriotic person in the WORLD? I fly a 3x5 foot flag on a 21 foot flag pole, flying a bigger flag would NOT make me anymore patriotic. Dad fought in WWII. It was my turn with the Vietnam war. My oldest boy was in the NG for over a dozen years. My family is there through history, standing ready, serving our country, the United States of America.

I don't have Vietnam stickers on my vehicles, I have never owned one of those stickers. Friends and family KNOW I put 3 active years in the military. If I were to ever want others to know I had served our country in the Vietnam War, I would place one small decal a couple of inches long on the rear window of my pickup. To anyone who was interested it would be instantly notify them that the owner had (supposedly, since anyone can buy decals and stickers and place them on their vehicles, whether they served in the service or not) served in the Vietnam War.

I AM glad to see America has finally figured out that it was NOT the GIs that were the problem, but the politicians that get us (the USA) into these "messes" and that is isn't cool to be spitting on returning military members like took place when I returned from SE Asia. I am glad the citizens finally woke up enough to realize; STOP doing that to the service members, they are just doing what the politicians have told their bosses to have them do.
History shows us that usually includes the guys on the front lines end up dying by the dozens, hundreds, thousands or sometimes even more than that. All over something called "politics".

That is insane, and lots of times I (and I'm sure others) can't see how our service members dying in some rathole in the sand (at the current time) has to do with the US of A remaining "FREE".

HOPEFULLY, afer you read the Codes, you will have a better understanding of our wonderful thing we call The Flag of The United States of America and the RESPECT it deserves and is supposed to be shown.

The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing.

This is only my opinion about respect for our US Flag.

Ken

Personally, I believe the "Offended Supervisor" from Africa, should have his unhappy little ass back on the first boat back home. Better still, we as Americans, should be kicking his ass back onto a boat. Sheesh! What in the hell have we become in this country?:mad:

Actually, didn't he just get elected president? NOW we know why he wouldn't wear the flag pin.

:no:

Their response to my email to company headquarters

Three days ago I sent this email to their headquarters:

"I'm a veteran of the USArmy and I'd rather die than be treated by your company for any health related issues or put any money in your coffers. Shame on you!"

This morning I received this response:

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 7:14 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

"Thank you for your comments. We share your anger and hurt about the removal of the flag. It is very important to clarify that a misunderstanding has been communicated through the media. The supervisor that is described in the media is actually the co-worker of Ms. McLucas and not Ms. McLucas's immediate supervisor. The incident was two nursing supervisors who got into a dispute. It was wrong and disrespectful and as soon as we learned about it, we took immediate action to correct the situation. The flag is now proudly displayed once again, and we apologize to all who were equally offended by this unpatriotic action, including the owner of the flag. We have reprimanded the employee and let them know we don't tolerate behavior inconsistent with our Company's values."

It was good to read their response. I hope it's truthful!

Oregon Vet,
Thanks for the refresher. We do all need to remember the correct ways that respect should be shown, not just the ways that "patriotic bravado" is often shown.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back