Woman stabs herself during Wiccan ceremony

MissPriss

The freaks come out at night...

Woman stabs self during Wiccan ritual - Weird news - MSNBC.com

LEBANON, Ind. - A woman accidentally stabbed herself in the foot with a 3-foot-long sword while performing a Wiccan good luck ritual at a cemetery in central Indiana.

Katherine Gunther, 36, of Lebanon, pierced her left foot with the sword while performing the rite at Oak Hill Cemetery, police said.

Gunther said she was performing the ceremony to give thanks for a recent run of good luck. The ceremony involves the use of candles, incense and driving swords into the ground during the full moon.
Gunther said was aiming to put the sword in the ground, but hit her foot instead.

"It wasn't the first time I performed the ritual, but it was the first time I put a sword through my foot," she said.

Gunther immediately pulled the sword out of her foot, and her companions took her to Witham Memorial Hospital, where she was kept a couple days for treatment.

No charges were filed, police said. The Wiccans were warned that being in the cemetery in the city about 20 miles northwest of Indianapolis after posted visiting hours constitutes trespassing.

Wicca is a nature-based religion based on respect for the earth, nature and the cycle of the seasons.

Good thing they werent using crossbows for guns!

A woman accidentally stabbed herself in the foot with a 3-foot-long sword while performing a Wiccan good luck ritual at a cemetery in central Indiana.

I would hate to think what might of happened if it was a "bad luck" ritual.

Guess we should ban swords or at least witches.

I think someone is trying to tell her something!

+1 Red Hat!

Also anyone else find it kinda funny that they say:
"Wicca is a nature-based religion based on respect for the earth, nature and the cycle of the seasons."

But the ritual she was performing involved stabbing the earth with swords???

Let me begin by welcoming you to USA Carry. I hope you have enjoyed the site and continue to enjoy it.

Next, I apologize in advance if there are any Wiccans reading this who get offended, but I have always felt that the Wiccan "religion" is a cult and a farce. Furthermore, they are just friggin' weird.

Let me begin by welcoming you to USA Carry. I hope you have enjoyed the site and continue to enjoy it.

Next, I apologize in advance if there are any Wiccans reading this who get offended, but I have always felt that the Wiccan "religion" is a cult and a farce. Furthermore, they are just friggin' weird.

Let me think for a minute...........Nope, don't care if the nut cases are offended.

...Next, I apologize in advance if there are any Wiccans reading this who get offended, but I have always felt that the Wiccan "religion" is a cult and a farce. Furthermore, they are just friggin' weird.

Hey there is only one thing worse than a Wiccan, and that is a stupid Wiccan.

Let me think for a minute...........Nope, don't care if the nut cases are offended.

What a shame that people exercise their freedom to choose the religion they follow. Maybe some religious PC guidelines would help the poor misguided Wiccans...

QUOTE=IheartTedNugent;31417]Yikes!!!!

Glad I am not a Wiccan on this site....[/QUOTE]

I know right! I didn’t start this thread to bash on anyone’s religion beliefs, I just thought a someone stabbing themselves in the foot with a sword was pretty funny. If would have been just as funny if it was a Baptist stabbing themselves with a spear, or a Methodist stabs themselves with a scythe, or a Catholic stabs themselves with a trident, etc... Everyone thinks their religion is best, that’s why they practice it, so in my eyes there's no real reason to argue about it.

Reminds me of a buddy while in Iraq who had just gotten himself a new knife. As he was tossing it in the air he missed it and he came down going through his boot and into his foot.

Real winner...

I think they missed your point.

Don't think most of us missed it. We just didn't buy into the diversity training courses that most colleges push today. I do not believe in the I'm o.k. your o.k. mind set. If I am o.k. and your are o.k. what was the blood of Jesus for?

Here we go. I am kind of old school. I was raised to believe that there is one GOD, a loving caring God. Not a God that wants me to go kill the people who live next door because they believe something different. I do not pray to fruits,nuts or the pine tree in the back yard. I am tired of everybody walking on egg shells trying not to upset or offend the other 500 religions, while at the same time they can say anything that comes to mind about Christians and the Christian religion. I am old, grumpy and set in my ways. So in closing let me say that if I have insulted or offended anyone by what I have said, or by being a christian......OH WELL!!

She could have done worse and shot herself in the foot.

BTW...I'd say there's 0% chance of Wiccans around here. Just my theory.

One of the biggest problems with society these days are folks who are too darn sensitive. Say the wrong thing and they get all butt hurt. What ever happened to "sticks and stones"? I'm all for freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Practice whatever religon you please however you want so long as it doesn't infringe upon my freedoms. I share my faith with others (no I'm not Wicca), but if folks aren't interested, I simply leave them be. I've got a HUGE problem with folks telling me that their "god" is better than my "God", etc. Don't like folks telling me that I have to give up a huge chunk of my paycheck to be a "good Christian". As far as I know, the bible makes no mention of how much I need to donate to the church in order to be a "good Christian". Who knows if the bible we're reading today is all that accurate. It's been translated into so many versions, so many languages, and been through so many hands. Who's to say that folks haven't tainted the original translation along the way. After all, we're all human and not perfect.

gf

A sad statement

Don't think most of us missed it. We just didn't buy into the diversity training courses that most colleges push today. I do not believe in the I'm o.k. your o.k. mind set. If I am o.k. and your are o.k. what was the blood of Jesus for?

Jesus....??? Who is that?
Oh yeah, that guy you belive in.
Freedom of religion mean anything? It's not o.k. for someone to belive in something else other than what you think?
The Bill of Rights only applies to your gun laws?
This was a terrible post on your part......

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back