Woman shoots intruder

hammer826

Sorry if this has been posted,I didn't see it anywhere.

Gwinnett Police have released a recording of the 911 call made by a Duluth woman after she shot the knife-wielding intruder who attacked her at home last Wednesday (May 11). Her assailant, identified by police as Israel Perez Puentes, 34, of Alpharetta, died later from the gunshot wounds.

The incident occurred about 6:30 a.m. when Punetes entered the home in the 2800 block of East Mount Tabor Circle in unincorporated Duluth, as the resident, a 53-year-old woman, was coming out of the shower, according to a Gwinnett Police spokesman. "She was exiting the shower when the man wielding a [kitchen] knife entered her bathroom," said Gwinnett Police spokesman Cpl. Edwin Ritter.

The woman tried to fight off the man with the shower rod after she had fallen into the bathtub. Her attacker then forced her into the bedroom. Puentes apparently was going to sexually assault her, Ritter said. She was able to retrieve her .22-caliber pistol and then shot him multiple times, according to Ritter. Puentes left the house through the rear door and collapsed in the backyard.

A neighbor to whose home the woman had run after the attack placed the 911 call then put her on the telephone. Sobbing hysterically, she managed to tell the dispatcher about the attack and give her address.

“I was in the shower and the lights cut out in my house, and a man came in with a hood, and he had a knife in his hand….He told me to be quiet. He told me to get out of the tub, and he tried to force me on(to) the bed,” the woman told the police dispatcher.

The woman was able to retrieve a .22 caliber pistol that she kept in a nightstand near the bed. “I took my .22, and I shot him as much as I could.” The woman informed the dispatcher she locked the rear sliding glass door after he ran out, and she rushed out the front door to the neighbor’s house. She said she wasn’t sure of his whereabouts.

Puentes was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center in Lawrenceville where he later died from his injuries. The woman was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center in Duluth and was treated for minor injuries, Ritter said. No charges are expected to be filed against the woman. “It was apparently a justified use of deadly force," he said.

Good for her! Hope she doesn't have any problems with this, I am sure there are some that may. My wife is my Rott now if someone comes in uninvited she would be snarling and telling them you don't want to do this and hollering at me.

I love happy endings.. Tax payers spend about 40,000.00 per year per inmate. I propose well give her a least 20,000.00 for saving us from having to pay for this worthless piece of dog squeeze.

From what I understand, a great many assasinations and mob-type killings (probably close range) are done with 22s. The Israelis, when they were looking for the Black September Munich massacre group, had 22s with them--as stated above, a good hit with a 22 is worth a lot more than a bad hit with anything else and it sure is easier with a 22.

I read once that the mob had started using .22 autos because they could shoot a person multiple times having the effect of buckshot and there was so little noise that in the city it was hardly noticeable.

Makes a lot of sense.

Although I carry a .45 Colt.

I read once that the mob had started using .22 autos because they could shoot a person multiple times having the effect of buckshot and there was so little noise that in the city it was hardly noticeable.

Makes a lot of sense.

Although I carry a .45 Colt.

I also heared about this, mob hitmen useing 22 rifles, I shoot one in my basement, sounds like a capgun upstairs, and barely hear it when your outdoors

Nice shooting lady, one less dirtbag. PS: Where were the cops while this was going on. Again good work lady God Bless You.

This is a perfect example that the 22 in your hand is better than nothing. I have carried a NAA 22 mag mini-revolver for many years and I like carrying a gun that I know I can hit the target with rapidly and multiple times, and a 22 fits the bill. Nothing against anything bigger but a solid hit weith a 22 is better than a miss from a 44 mag. As far as the woman goes NICE SHOOTING!.

I am glad the woman exercised her right to own and use a firearm. If she hadn't had her .22, she may very have ended up in the morgue and the perpetrator would still be victimizing more women.

I am also glad no charges are expected to be filed against the woman. All of us should have the right protect ourselves and families against deadly force.

Well yehaw for her! Thats how all crimes like this should be handled! It would save us all a lot of headaches and taxpayer money housing this kind of trash. Yay for her not getting hurt. I bet she gets a bigger gun and keeps it with her when she showers. I would.

Kudos to the authorities for not pressing charges against her.

I like the suggestion of paying her for saving the taxpayer's all that money that would be spent keeping it locked up

WHERE WOULD YOU HAVE WANTED THEM TO BE, NEXT TO HER IN THE SHOWER. The courts have ruled that the police are responsible for the safety of the public at large, not the individual.

Nice shooting lady, one less dirtbag. PS: Where were the cops while this was going on. Again good work lady God Bless You.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back