Woman shoots intruder w/ audio

Amen to that. The lady did what she had to do and took no joy in doing it. I'm betting the Good Lord has no problem with her actions.

It's all good.. He was asking for it, and got what he deserved.. Good thing she had the gun, as usual, the police were not there yet, and if she wasn't armed, the story probably would have been VERY different!!!

good for her. I feel bad for her for feeling so upset for having to take some one's life. but I believe that even in God's book that was justified.

Don't lose a wink of sleep, Donna.

She did the right thing, of course. And, of course, there's a percentage of people that think Donna should have done more to avoid shooting poor drugged up, potty mouthed Mr. Riley. Heck, he had been beating on her door for more than 10 minutes. He wasn't afraid of her dogs. He wasn't afraid of Donna.
Bad choices for Mr. Riley and his sister. No choice for Donna.
Don't worry about your soul, Donna. Thank your god for your courage then, and in the future.

The sad part is she was PUT in that situation, she did not ask to be placed there. She was in her home and evil came to her door step. Thank God she was uninjured, and may God comfort her during her time of grief.

She is the victim (well... intended victim). I hope she comes to grips with her decision and realizes Yea... it was right. I hope there will be no legal issues for her. I'm sure with reflection, quiet prayer, and time with family and friends she will understand that if she had not fired...:fie:

Righteous shooting...

I just registered to write that I've been on the fence for the past several months about purchasing a firearm. Stories like these (some which strike even closer to home) have really swayed my opinion towards going ahead and purchasing. I'm not 100% there yet, but honestly this has helped convince me. Thanks for positing it, it really helps to hear the side of a gun-owner instead of the anti-gun opinion often portrayed on the news and out in public.

I just registered to write that I've been on the fence for the past several months about purchasing a firearm. Stories like these (some which strike even closer to home) have really swayed my opinion towards going ahead and purchasing. I'm not 100% there yet, but honestly this has helped convince me. Thanks for positing it, it really helps to hear the side of a gun-owner instead of the anti-gun opinion often portrayed on the news and out in public.

They do come in handy when you need them.

Take your time and get comfortable with the idea.
You will need to answer one question honestly (for yourself, not for me): If confronted by someone intent on doing you harm or taking your life or the lives of family members, could you use the weapon to defend your life and theirs? Would you be willing to cause an injury to the attacker or home invader that could cause him/her death?

You'll need to get past that question first...

If you do decide to get one and God forbid you have that kind of a test and you hesitate, falter, become unsure, or wait just to see if they stop... It could get taken away and used on you. :blink:

The choice has some strings, both moral and legal…:yes4:

Practice and training will bring confidence. Perhaps find a range that rents firearms. Try a few and use silhouette targets and imagine the situation from the post. The front window gets kicked in and here he is coming into your home… :hang3:

And please don't let the sometimes raucous discussion on this site dissuade you from what I believe is a very rational decision to purchase a weapon. Most all of us are quite opinionated and often sound pretty strident in expressing our viewpoints.

If you read enough posts, however, I believe you will find us to be very responsible and knowledgeable gun owners and CCW permit holders.

Of course, only you can make that decision. Good Luck. Oh, and welcome to the site!

And please don't let the sometimes raucous discussion on this site dissuade you from what I believe is a very rational decision to purchase a weapon. Most all of us are quite opinionated and often sound pretty strident in expressing our viewpoints.

If you read enough posts, however, I believe you will find us to be very responsible and knowledgeable gun owners and CCW permit holders.

Of course, only you can make that decision. Good Luck. Oh, and welcome to the site!

Yea... what he wrote...

I have talked with 3 people related to applying for their firearms licenses here in MA in the past 3-4 months and all 3 are doing so with intent to purchase some type of firearm. Shooting sports are fun and can become a full fledged addiction. Ask questions and find the answers you are looking for.

And welcome to the site..

I am the proud owner of a (from what i've been told) very slightly used G26! Im looking into CCW and some accessories too. Thanks for the welcome :)

I am the proud owner of a (from what i've been told) very slightly used G26! Im looking into CCW and some accessories too. Thanks for the welcome :)

A good quality and comfortable holster is a nice accessory to start. Many out there so try a few and see what works best. Some custom vendors will allow a short trial and use period.

A good extra magazine holder, a good flashlight, Tritium night-sights, perhaps some Crimson Trace Laser Grips... Oh sorry did I get carried away with your money... It gets to be a Hobit... Hobit is part hobby and part habit...

G26 is a great carry sidearm. Small enough to hide and has enough stop power.

Practice and enjoy it,

Peace

Haha so far I've invested in the streamlight scorpion (bright as heck), trijicon night sights, agrip, some peirce extensions, and the siderlock plus about 300 rounds of federal fmj for shootins. Next will be a holster and a CCW... :) this is not a cheap proposition

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back