Woman Has gun blow up in Face

Sheldon

I'm not familiar with a Talon T-200 9 MM but this gal had it Link Removed while target shooting, video link in the RH corner.

wow that would suck. That's a good reason to stay away from low end guns though. I understand there's a market out there for them but if I were a FFL dealer I wouldn't sell crap guns.

From what I could find, Talon was apparently in business selling "cheap" guns for 2 years or so around 2001ish then went out of business and were purchased by Cobra in Salt Lake City which seems to be a collector of "cheap" gun makers. This is not the first of these to explode on someone, if you have one don't endanger yourself or others, just use it for the other end of target practice or feed it to the cutting torch.

After reading the article and seeing her comment that these firearms aren't safe, my first reflex was going to be to say in response that, "there are no unsafe guns, only unsafe people." However, after doing a little checking up on this brand, I see that maybe she is right. I hope this event does not turn her into an anti.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is something that can be done to keep those from being sold or if there might be a state restriction on that model or brand that could be established. I would hate to see someone lose an eye or worse. That thing is so small I am afraid some parent may let the little ones try to fire it and then have that happen.

I wonder if there is something that can be done to keep those from being sold or if there might be a state restriction on that model or brand that could be established. I would hate to see someone lose an eye or worse. That thing is so small I am afraid some parent may let the little ones try to fire it and then have that happen.

If you check out the video link in the RH corner she states that she is pro gun and is not afraid to continue shooting, she just wants to warn every one about this gun failure.

Back in the 60's I remember discussions about certain guns being more dangerous to the shooter than then shootee. The cheap little .25 auto was the main culprit and in my part of the country was the main discussion about the Saturday Night Special. I see it has now evolved into a racial thing that was never discussed as being part of it back then. The biggest problem was defining what one was and the SC legislature decided on a melting point temp of the frame.

Either way it sure appears that these guns should be included in that category and banned. Just being cheap in not in itself dangerous as I have a Hi-Point that I feel is as safe as any gun and totally reliable. However just looking at the Talon gives me the creeps. :angry:

All that being said remember the kaboom theory for glock. Any gun that is made of something other than strong metal could result in hand damage if the kaboom is sent down into the magazine area.Not giveig this gun the ok just playing the devils addvacate.Factory ammo could be a double charge.

Often you get what you pay for and that can be dangerous when buying a firearm. Don't buy the cheapest you can get buy the very best you can afford. Your life and those of your loved ones may depend on it.

Ouch! Hopefully she recovers fully.

When I saw this thread I was ready to point the finger at the ammo but after seeing pictures of the gun it looks more like the a faulty slide.

Often you get what you pay for and that can be dangerous when buying a firearm. Don't buy the cheapest you can get buy the very best you can afford. Your life and those of your loved ones may depend on it.

Often times, however, the cheapest you can buy and the very best you can afford are one and the same. Just a fact. I hate to play devil's advocate and call for certain brands of firearms to be banned, because that would play into the antis' hands, but in this particular case, a ban, or at least Consumer Product Safety Commission guidelines, may actually be reasonably warranted.

I saw pictures and read the story of another gentleman who got hit with part of the slide close to his eye with the same firearm. The slide just broke into two pieces. Very similar to the issue that this woman had. It is clear that this was a cheap piece of junk and is substantiated by the fact that this company has been out of business for years now.

She is posting on several other forums N she said that the gun was not even hers, N the ammo was off the shelf, n that several others had shot the gun first so she asked if she could, N on the second round is when it came apart.

She is posting on several other forums N she said that the gun was not even hers, N the ammo was off the shelf, n that several others had shot the gun first so she asked if she could, N on the second round is when it came apart.

Not sure what that bit of information contributes to the story, but in either event, the gun is still a POS. She's lucky to be alive.

Not sure what that bit of information contributes to the story, but in either event, the gun is still a POS. She's lucky to be alive.

She basically posted it to answer those who asked if might have been a reload that caused the gun to fail, N I believe the rest to sort of justify that she did not own the cheap POS gun so she has better taste than that. N she is indeed very lucky if the slide had hit her in the eye!!!! :suicide:

You get what you pay for. I feel bad for her. I am glad she is still pro gun and will continue to shoot. I hope this does not happen anywhere else and other people who own this firearm decided to maybe put it aside and get something of better quality.

~Capo~

Gun blow up

When I was looking for my off-duty piece, I saw a Talon in the gun store, and told the clerk it looked like hte nickel plating was put on with a trowel, He brought it out and worked the slide, and it sounded like there was about a pound of gravel in the action, He said that as a weapon, it makes an excellent boat anchor. I bought the best I could afford and have been very happy with it. When my better half had her CCW permit, she carried a nice little Rossi 5-shot .38 spl, in stainless steel with Pachmayr grips, sweet little piece.

Link Removed shows a few pictures of the "gun", and also another person that got hit by pieces of it. That's never a good sign.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back