Wisconsin/ Michigan open carry

sig p6

New to the group, I would like to know if it is legal for me to open carry in Michigan. Wisconsin has no permit for open carry , so would I be legal in Michigan, since they also have open carry.

Open carry in Michigan is legal without a permit in most areas unless in a vehicle. Carrying in a vehicle requires a recognized CC permit.

Michigan open carry

Yes we have open carry here in Michigan and no class is required. The same pistol free zones apply. However once a person get into a vehicle a concealed pistol permit is required, or the gun has to unloaded locked and seperated from the ammo. In a sense it is a good idea to get your cpl and have it covered all around weather you carry open or concealed.
:triniti:

Yes we have open carry here in Michigan and no class is required.
If your not a MI resident you can't oc without a carry license.

The same pistol free zones apply.
Not true. OC law: Michigan Legislature - Section 750.234d; CC law: Michigan Legislature - Section 28.425o.

However once a person get into a vehicle a concealed pistol permit is required, or the gun has to unloaded locked and seperated from the ammo.
Only needs to be separate from the ammo if you've been drinking.

In a sense it is a good idea to get your cpl and have it covered all around weather you carry open or concealed.
Did you sense the state laws? He is from Wisconsin they don't have cpl's.
MI law does get complicated.
thud.gif

Whew

Golden Eagle knows what he is talking about, MI requires a CPL or other recognized firearm permit such as the FOID Card to OC.

While you cannot CC on a non resident concealed carry permit you can OC with one.

A good place to start with OC in MI is with the Open Carry Guide Project. Login

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back